Able to delete your old posts

oldwirehead

Army NCO on inactive duty
I notice on the other board (TurboBuicks.com) when you go into edit on your posts and then to “Go Advanced” they have an option to delete your own messages. It looks like they are using the same site software as you are, so is this something that can be turned on? I would think it would “housekeeping” and cut down on the size of some of the forums i.e. “Parts for sale” Just my $02.

Sorry to say, but some Internet warriors peroiodically step over the line. Therefore, in an effort to protect the board and some members from themselves, we have adopted a policy of not allowing members to delete their own thread. So if you really want to say what you have to say on this board, you better mean it, cause you won't be able to un-ring that bell. Even on occasion when you see threads get deleted or modified , nothing and I mean nothing (in its original form) ever gets deleted. You may always contact admin or a mod for thread management.

Sorry to say, but some Internet warriors peroiodically step over the line. Therefore, in an effort to protect the board and some members from themselves, we have adopted a policy of not allowing members to delete their own thread. So if you really want to say what you have to say on this board, you better mean it, cause you won't be able to un-ring that bell. Even on occasion when you see threads get deleted or modified , nothing and I mean nothing (in its original form) ever gets deleted. You may always contact admin or a mod for thread management.

Thanks I understand

How do you modify a post after it's been posted? I just can't figure it out, its starting to give me a headache. Other forums are so much easier with a modify button.
Thank you

How do you modify a post after it's been posted? I just can't figure it out, its starting to give me a headache. Other forums are so much easier with a modify button.
Thank you

I guess I should have add a little clarification to my post. You cannot edit or delete a thread once you select submit.

its good that we can see every post from over the years. helps well when your on a search and destroy for some answers