A big thanks to Dan Strezo...

Turbo38V6

Had my car on the dyno late last year and noticed an odd sound from the motor that seemed difficult to pinpoint. Got to a point this year where I finally got the heads off the car to see if anything looked odd, to my eyes it didn't and I went to Dan to get some gaskets for reassembly. Asked him if he'd take a cursory look at my heads to see if his experienced eyes would notice anything. Brought the heads down to him and he right away saw that I had the older beehive springs and took the time to take my valves off. Noticed signs of valve float, made a few recommendations. I was surprised at how quickly these observations were made but maybe that's just me. He replaced the exhaust valves and springs with the newer PAC valve springs and got the heads to me in a time that was inconvenient to him no doubt. Just got a chance to put the heads on my car and hit it with 20+ PSI (where the sound easily was audible) and there is no signs of that sound anymore.

I"m not a big dollar customer of Dan's. I've given him business over the years, bought some things from him over the years but never a $20K+ motor. Yet he treated me with the utmost respect and got my problem solved in the time frame I asked him to, which like I said was I'm sure was more aggressive he (or any engine guy) would take care of it in.

So a big thanks to Dan for solving this issue for me. I've seemed to come across issue after small issue but this was one that had me and a few others perplexed. He pinpointed it to the tee and I'm very happy to endorse his work. Not like he needed endorsements but still. In our society these days, we don't do enough praising and I wanted to ensure he got the credit that for many others may seem fairly obvious.

Thanks again Dan.

Not one of Dan's big $ customers either but he has always been very good to me. I have never had a transaction with him that left me feeling up sold afterwards in fact he has reeled me back in a few times.

Last edited:
He is one hell of a engine builder and almost in my back yard or at least I wish he was. Always great wok.

Dan has never steered me wrong!! Great guy.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app