91 Pontaic GTA

turbojitsu85

I have just aquired a 91 Pontiac Trans Am that is in really bad shape. It was my fathers car before he passed away and from what I can gather it has been in several accidents all front end damage. It runs well but the exterior and interior is in horrible shape and when I mean horrible the hood and spoiler has no clear coat any more, the passanger light does't pop up, the roof has rust spots and cracking near the pillars all the badges are not on the car, and the interior is disgusting it is dirty and has cigeratte ash everywhere in it. The only thing I think is worth saving is the rims on the car wich are the same honey comb rims that are on TTA and GNX's. I'm gonig to keep those rims but what I want to know is will a junk yard let me give them the car and take the rims off of it? Or should I look into getting spare tires and rims for it and try selling it? Any help or advice is apprciated. I'm thinking I might get rims and tires for it and donate it but I'm really looking at the easist least expensive way to get rid of this thing.

Sounds like you need to take it to the local 3/8 of a mile circle track and have some fun with it!!!

Too bad it's in such bad shape, you don't see the '91-'92 T/As that often, and they look sweet when they are in good shape.

Steve

Check your classifieds in your local paper. You will usually find a few places that advertise that they will pick up cars free of charge and wheels are not required.

Here's one from the Memphis paper:
Auto, Truck, Van (Parts, Acc. and Svc.) - JUNK CARS

Removed Free! No Wheels needed. 353-1635, 482-2225.