87gninpa (Shawn Wallinsky) still a crook

Ernest

I have his phone # an address and a map to his residence if needed he sent me some sh*t too...........
Ed

the connector on your car should plug directly into it with no modification to your harness, dont know why you would need there to be a connector on it .
the typeII coils dont read like the typeI and should have less than 6K across the towers

I suspected problems with my TypeI wells unit and just switched to type II coils and ignition module (I pulled from an 86 century) and I mounted it on my original plate (with some modification) , i reccommend getting the plate to do the swap . i think he even provided the GM adapter plate with that one .
my ignition wires also fit just fine with the new coils but i guess that depends on how yours are run and whos they are.

pacecarta

their are only 13 pins on the conector one is missing that why I asked if this would work?
Ed

I thought you were missing the harness connector not a pin

there is one pin on the end that the old type1 used for coil supply but the typeII doesnt use it
the pin not used is pin P which is the end pin location on the left side looking at the connector end (they go A-P from right to left )
trying to get connector off one right now to see if it ever had one there , nope there isnt one on the one in my hand because its an unused pin out
hope this helps , it should work just fine.

btw just checked the service manual on type II coils and they claim that if coils reads less than 7K ohm that they are ok

Pacecarta

Thanks,never used a Type II ,my coils read less than 5000 ohms
Thanks again for all the help;)
Ed

has this helped your car any,smoother idle?,increase spark plug gap?

runs the same , i changed it because my car wasdieing at random , hope this is the answer
, i checked all my plugs and they were as clean as any plug ive ever seen (very light tan ,no deposits, no oil) , gap at .035, checked wires all fine 11k (#1 wire) and 7K (#6) and no corroder connectors
make sure your wires are ok and ends are clean of corrosion , and use dielectric on the plug wire ends, if they dont have good contact you could fry this one , also make sure you have a good clean ground , check it for good ground at the coils mounting nuts after its installed

I have his address also and ebay name. A friend of his on this board will ask him for me. I will have to wait to hear from him. If I do not get a reply back can you remind him for me that he owes me the money for the 2 useless coil packs.
Or you can send me this number privately.

Thanks,
Ernest

Ok good to hear that. Hopefully he will reply to my message. If not, I will be posting where ever he posts.

When I first bought his coil pack on ebay he said it was for an 86/87 GN. So I bought it for 31.50 + 10 shipping.

When I got the coil pack an module it was the wrong one. The harness plug would not plug into the module.

I explained this to him and sent pictures. After several mail and me posting a troll alert like this one he agreed to send me another coil pack and module. This time it was the right one. He said he got it from a board member and he used it for a week on his car. He said it was working properly.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:29 PM
To: eqs@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: eBay Item Won! BUICK GRAND NATIONAL INGITION MODULE COILPACK GM, ETC

Module is on its way, i got it from a board memeber so i know its a good one. i noly used it for aobut a week until i switched to the type II ignition setup. If you still have the other one, could you send it back, i could still use the coilpack

When I got the second coil pack and module it was the correct one but green slime was oozing out of the module.

I put the coil pack and module on my car and it made the car idle rough. I swapped back the coil pack and module to my good one it ran smooth.

I informed Mr. Wallinsky of the problem and he replied that he would send me my money back and that I would send him both modules back.

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 8:25 AM
To: eqs@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: eBay Item Won! BUICK GRAND NATIONAL INGITION MODULE COILPACK GM, ETC

Ill just get your money back

so I replied

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 9:17 AM
To: 'NYR386@aol.com'
Subject: RE: eBay Item Won! BUICK GRAND NATIONAL INGITION MODULE COILPACK GM, ETC

OK Shawn send $41.50 to

I will send both modules back after you send me the money.

Thank you,
Ernest

Now he is telling me

Look, just get over it already!!!! You are disrupting everyones posts and its just not necessary. Its funny because i just sold about three modules on the board and noones had a problem whatsoever, seems it only you bro so deal with it. You now got two modules for 30 bucks, do what you wish with them, caus eim done with you.........so just stop interupting tech posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is a damn crook. He unloaded **** that he knew would not work and was the incorrect part. I have pics to prove the **** you sent me Shawn.
I can't sell them because I am not like you, *******.

Ernest

Being in the Feedback Forum does not excuse you from following board rules of conduct, not what you are saying, just how.

I am updating this thread to report that Shawn Wallinsky a.k.a. 87gninpa has refunded my money for the coil packs.

I thank him for doing the right thing. I would also like to thank everyone else on this forum that supported me.

Thanks,
Ernest

:)