'87 T-Type

diognes56

I have been interested in GN's, GTA's, and the other turbo Buick's for a while now, but have recently started looking at the possiblity of getting one. Bobrocket on badrap.net said this is the place to go to get questions answered. So...............

This is for sale up in Chicago.

Got an 87 T-type for sale.

*QUOTE*

White with maroon int.
Stock everything about this car is stock.
New turbo
New Exhaust (stock)
New Brakes

This car was a customers car at a shop my buddy works in. One day was towed in and the woman said that the car just shut down while she was driving down the road. No noise no nothing. The car has its fair share of rust on the rockers and bottoms of the doors. But the whole front of the car is perfect fenders and nose. Still has the 8.5 3:42 rear in the car. Stock T-type wheels. The int is clean. Car needs a motor. The motor in the car now has a snapped crank. The crank is snapped right behind the first main cap. Car has a bit over 100K on it. Got the car with the snapped crank.

Asking 1,500 dollars O.B.O.

*QUOTE*

I was wondering if this was a good deal. How likely is it that I could just replace the crank in it? Or is it more likely that the engine is shot?

Thanks for any input.

David

This is a no brainer,buy the car,and get the engine rebuilt.You can find a crank on this board,but make sure it's a rolled fillet,not a regular n/a crank!!That car is a steal at 1500$$,I would buy it.The parts on the car are worth a lot more than 1500$$.TRANS,REAR END,ENGINE,INTERIOR PARTS,ETC.Buy IT!!

I would still have the rest of the car looked over, but it would be hard to pass up for that kind of money.
Desirable color combination, for sure.
Fix the motor and go.

hmmmm sounds like the one in cars for sale......OR one hell of a coincidense;)