'87 Race GN (TA Block) FS

Jeff Rand

I really hate to do this bt I do not have time to run this car anymore. It was dynoed two years ago at 800 rwhp and I ran 9.06 @152. I had the 42-76 turbo modified and it last dynoed at 950 rwhp so it will be an 8 sec ride.

TA Block 265 Cu” 6 bolt steel mains, Kenny Dutwieler prep Dynoed at 950 rwhp 32 psi , SE TA Performance Eliminator Heads, Comp springs, 14 Bolt, T&D Shaft Mount Rockers, Ported by (Kenny D’s) Mackenzie Heads, Aluminum oil pan, Kenny D oil plate, Kenny D’s knowledge applied to the rotating assembly, 3.635' Crower Crank / Crower 6.3' Rods, CP Pistons 8:5:1cr, Comp solid roller cam, Pro Gear timing chain, 3/8”thick wall Manton push rods, BHJ Balancer, SFI flex plate, Ported Champion raised port intake, 70mm t-body, Precision GT 42-76 BB Turbo with (added later) billet wheel, 1.27 exhaust housing, 4inch stainless downpipe with Tial waste gate TA headers, ARP studs and bolts, FAST XFI with internal data log, MSD distributor and MSD 7A with 3 step160lb injectors split feeds on fuel rails, Weldon 2025 Fuel Pump, Aerospace regulator & Filters AMS 500 boost controller with CO2, RJC race front mount intercooler, Lonnie Diers – 400 Turbo with Coan 34 Super sprag added, trans brake, PTC bolt together 11” aluminum convertor, 3.5” aluminum Inland driveshaft, Mark Williams trans and pinion yokes, CSI Trans shield, Turbo shifter with CO2 (separate from AMS boost),8.5 rear, Moser 33 axles/spool, TA cover, Ford housing ends, Parachute and wheelie bars. Wilwood front disk and aftermarket upper and lower control arms, Afco double adjustable shocks on all 4 corners, Aluminum Radiator, Jegs 15 gal fuel cell, -10 braided fuel lines 11”rear brakes, Weld Wheels 15x10 rear with 5/8” studs, 10.5x 28x15 ,15x4 front,HR parts rear sway bar and HR lower arms, Art Morison upper relocated upper control mounts. Powermaster 16V with Powermaster alternator and 12/16V Powermaster Charger. Hartline fiberglass hood, fiberglass bumpers, Safecraft Halon fire suppression sys. Weight 3300 lbs. (no driver)
Original owner with stock interior. $32K with a Sloan tilt bed trailer.

photo (8).JPG

photo (4).JPG

photo (6).JPG

Jeff,

You've had that car forever. It's a sad day to see that you've decided to sell it. I still remember it being the first 11 second GN I ever saw. That had to be back in 1990 or so.

I hope you find a good home for it.

Neal

Thanks, Neil; Very difficult decision. I have a lot of memories with that car; mostly good but the stage engine nightmare was costly. Buying the TA block was the best investment I made engine wise.
With my new job and a cabin in mountains, the car has moved down the priority list. Added to that, the tracks out here are few and far between.
Jeff

Very nice car, hardly used. I do have an '86 gn that I roam the streets with. I would be more interested in a partial trade for a 4 door car, 30 mpg that I could use for work. Not looking for any high end car (Accord or maybe Camry) that is presentable (I am in sales).

oh ok whats the asking price i prob missed it lol

this is a 1st class car, with no expense spared,
an 8 sec car for sure!
TA/ Duttweiler motor! AND a tilt bed trailer included.

I've watched this car evolve through the years. no one more dedicated than Jeff to doing things right good luck with the sale hope it finds a good home

Thanks Lou. I think I forgot to mention that I have the original steering wheel, radio, console, hood with a couple of insulation pads, bumpers, control arms, front brakes-rotors and powermaster to go with the car if the buyer wants these items. I also have about 3 sets of head and intake manifold gaskets that Kenny gave me many years ago.

Thanks for all the kind responses to my ad and thank you Turbo Buick for hooking me up with a great buyer. The car will be going to a very good home.

Jeff

Thanks for all the kind responses to my ad and thank you Turbo Buick for hooking me up with a great buyer. The car will be going to a very good home.

Jeff

That is good to hear Jeff!

I was drooling with thoughts of your car myself...........no tracks and no time. Glad it has a new home, hope to see it performing soon!

Jeff,

Sorry to see it go, glad you are happy with where it will be headed. I hope the new owner knows what a good deal they're getting. :D

Neal