87 GN w/T-tops-Oregon

souljasmooth

I have an 87 Grand National that I need to sell as soon as possible. I thought I was going to keep this car for a long time, but I just found a car I have been looking for, for a long time. I am going to do my best to describe this GN. This car is definately a driver car.

Upgrades:

TE-44 turbo
36lb injectors
ATR single shot exhaust
Panasonic CD player
22% window tint all around
Scanmaster
Alky control
15" Ultra wheels-6 total
w/Mickey Thompson slicks
10" Continental TQ-2800 stall
Detroit Locker
Boost Gauges

The car has 139K miles, but the engine was rebuilt about 4K miles ago. The tranny was also rebuilt at that time. Other than the upgrades listed above, everything else to my knowledge is original.

Here is a list of everything that I know is wrong with the car:

Front driver seat has two tears in it
Antenna doesnt go up or down
Visors need to be replaced
Turbo smokes a little
Paint is good for original, but not for show
Seals around windows
Seals around T-tops-however does not leak
Chrome strips on door need replaced

Other than the minor details above, the car needs nothing, and is definately turn key. The stuff listed above is also minor. These were just things that I was going to replace if I kept the car. I took pictures of everything so you can see what I am talking about. Other than the stuff I mentioned above, the car is in great shape. Since the rebuild, the car has made only a few passes on the track. I believe the best time was 11.80, but that was what I was told from the owner before me. And yes the title is clear. This car was definatley not abused, and would well for a driver. Fix the above up, and you can use this car for show.

I have been real detailed with my description. Please read carefully before asking any questions. I just need to sell this car soon, so I can purchase the other car. If the other car I want sells, then I am going to keep this car. If anyone needs more pics just let me know. Please serious buyers only. Asking $8,200 Firm, thanks

541-231-3723-Im located 1 hr south of Portland

Attachments

• 87Grand National1.JPG
    87Grand National1.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 87Grand National2.JPG
    87Grand National2.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 87Grand National12.JPG
    87Grand National12.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 374
  • 87Grand National7.JPG
    87Grand National7.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 87Grand National8.JPG
    87Grand National8.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 372
More pics

Attachments

• 87Grand National10.JPG
    87Grand National10.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 87Grand National15.JPG
    87Grand National15.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 87Grand National6.JPG
    87Grand National6.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 87Grand National17.JPG
    87Grand National17.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 87Grand National16.JPG
    87Grand National16.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 364
NO Rust. All pictures were taken today. The engine is super clean. I took 4 photos of the engine, but for some reason its saying that the files are too big. I can email them to anyone who wants to see the pics of the engine, or if someone knows how to shrink the files, let me know and I will post the pictures here.

I was able to get two of the pictures of the engine. If anyone needs more or better pictures, just let me know, and I will send them to you via email. thanks

Attachments

• Grand National22.JPG
    Grand National22.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 336
  • Grand National23.JPG
    Grand National23.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 334
I have had a lot of questions about the interior and how the car runs. I should add that the steering wheel is not perfect. I use a steering wheel cover, so I forgot about it. Besides what I mentioned in my ad about the flaws, the rest of the interior is in excellent condition. The car runs perfect other than a little bit of smoke at idle, or if you really step on the gas. I took the car to 3 different mechanics, and all three of them narrowed it down to the Turbo. However it runs fine, and pulls really hard(especially at 22lbs of boost). It only happens at idle or if you step on the gas. And actually the smoke is not very bad at all. Just a small puff. The turbo is only a year old. Maybe just needs a rebuild, I dont know. If I keep the car, I am going to put a bigger turbo in. This car is definately turn-key. I used it as a weekend driver only. If you want a show car, fix what I mentioned above, and it can be one. Or if you want to use it as a daily driver, no problem at all. I wouldnt hesitate to drive this car across the US.

I know this car personally as it is from the Boise area and my friend Henry traded
for his 93 Typhoon, the car is as described and actually the paint is pretty good on it and NO RUST, the car has been 12.60's if memory serves me right at
109 mph, the car drives out real nice and at 8,200$ is a bargain, I know all the history of the car for the last 7 or 8 years or so, so if he can not answer any questions maybe I can help! BTW, what are you wanting to buy??

Ron

HI,

No I dont...the car came with the original wheels when I got it, but I sold them as they werent in showroom condition, and was taking up too much space.

Hey Ron......thanks for backing me up. Did you finally get the box I sent for Henry? I talked to Henry last week about it.

I actually want to buy a 89 TTA. I have been wanting one of those for a long time. If it wasnt for the TTA, I would be keeping this GN for a long time.

talk to you later!!!!

Hi Ron,

I am going to be looking at this car Friday morning and would like to talk w/ you about the history and build. I sent you my phone number via PM.

I believe Hoa is going to be in contact with you tomorrow to see about us getting in contact as well.

Best,
Ben

What a deal some one got on this car, wish I had xtra money as I would have bought Henry's car back in a minute.

Ron