86 T Type Question

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I know only 1921 T Types was made in 86 , Mine is grey on grey leather , column shift and factory CF5 . How would you find how many of those was made ? Just wondering

I do not think there is a way to turn up an exact amount made like yours. I do think there is a number floating around on how many were made with leather interior. To me the leather interior and the cf5 are the two big deals as far as rarity go. To my way of thinking every 86 t type is probably pretty rare in its own right, when you consider how few were made and then factor in options or lack of options. Example my 86 is a factory AM radio car with no power windows and no power locks but has factory power trunk release.

I do not think there is a way to turn up an exact amount made like yours. I do think there is a number floating around on how many were made with leather interior. To me the leather interior and the cf5 are the two big deals as far as rarity go. To my way of thinking every 86 t type is probably pretty rare in its own right, when you consider how few were made and then factor in options or lack of options. Example my 86 is a factory AM radio car with no power windows and no power locks but has factory power trunk release.
WOW , AM and no power but it has a trunk release . That is strange . When we bought the T last September it came with the hand checked order list and tons of other stuff but I thought that was kool

I know only 1921 T Types was made in 86 , Mine is grey on grey leather , column shift and factory CF5 . How would you find how many of those was made ? Just wondering

In Kirban's book he has stated they were able to determine production numbers on the leather interior TRs for 1986 thanks to some inside guys from Buick. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I believe it was 55 tan leather and 124 grey leather. I also have a grey leather car and love it. Confuses the hell out of people.

Last time I had talked with a guy about my 86 (aka Vicious6) it was estimated less than 75 and probably lower in terms of existence.
He is code 31 Dark Blue Metallic. Blue Interior, Digital Dash, Hardtop, Bucket Seat and Console. Been by my side since 91 or so.

Last time I had talked with a guy about my 86 (aka Vicious6) it was estimated less than 75 and probably lower in terms of existence.
He is code 31 Dark Blue Metallic. Blue Interior, Digital Dash, Hardtop, Bucket Seat and Console. Been by my side since 91 or so.
Wow , That does sound rare .