81 turbo riviera

crapheap

found a mint 81 turbo riviera at j/y today took of oil pan and found the original crank rods and pistons still in place ..cracked #1 and #5 rod caps to inspect the damage and guess what ..stock gm bearings standard and not one scratch on them.i then craked the #3 main cap and to my surprise the thrust bearing was in perfect condition.pulled motor out of the now defunct riviera,i got it for 90 bucks including front timing cover flywheel and the dampener(i know i cant use the dampener). so what #'s can an 81 turbo motor post before i either tear the deck off the motor or split it in half?or should i just get a regal n/a 109 block and transfer everything to that?oh before ii forget i'm going back tomorow to pic the motor up the riviera still has the factory instrument cluster and it shous 90,000 miles original.if you need it let me know and dont ask i dont know if it will work the same on a gn of if the rpm's or boost lights work good on it..but hey i dont think it will be that expensive .

oh before i forget .just so youu have an idea of the conditions the motor was in the stock turbo was in perfect working order with no end play whatsoever..and they let me have it with the motor for free :cool: