7th injector question

gndriver

I was thinking of adding my 7th injector to help my leaning out problem, but was curious with my 009' fp set at 43 line off what do i set it at for adding reds 7th injector with a 36 lb injector?

leave it the same....It will turn on at a pre set boost level. Once this has been done run the car with a scan tool like TURBO-LINK and see if the car is to rich...Then adjust the fuel pressure from there.

I would not attempt to try this without a scan tool.

OK i use my scanmaster to adjust it. I know it not very detailed but its all i got right now. Thanks BoostedBug

How stock is your car??? If your running a stock turbo with 009's you should not be leaning out unless your chip isnt burnt correctly or the fuel system is not up to par. Does it lean out at WOT or do you see high BLM's at idle as well???

Let us know
Happy Holidays
Bob

NO I have a pte-54. I was wondering is there a way to check to see if the 7th injector is working? I connected it but i dont think its working. I have it set to turn on 4500 rpms but will it turn on even in park?

Originally posted by gndriver
NO I have a pte-54. I was wondering is there a way to check to see if the 7th injector is working? I connected it but i dont think its working. I have it set to turn on 4500 rpms but will it turn on even in park?

This is where a scan tool such as DirectScan or Turbolink would really help. After recording a run, you'd be able to see what was going on at precisely 4500RPM.

Know anyone around that has either of the above that they'd be willing to let you try?

-Banning.

How do you know you are lean without a scan tool?
4500rpms sounds high to me, IF it is lean it will be lean before then. 4000 at the most
If you list your parts instead of "stock" we can help a little more

I was thinking of adding my 7th injector to help my leaning out problem, but was curious with my 009' fp set at 43 line off what do i set it at for adding reds 7th injector with a 36 lb injector?

Back a number of years ago, I authored an article entitled "Home made 7th injector". It can be found on the turbo regal web site. Click on resources, click on tech articles, click on fuel. Basically you use a fuel nozzle from a nitrous set up, plumbed into your up pipe from the fuel rail. A Hobbs switch allows you to turn the fuel on anywhere from 7psi to 30psi. I ran this setup on my 86 GN that had a stroker engine. That car ran 10.50 at 128 mph with forty lb. injectors and the home mde 7th. And with the right size jet, I could flood the engine out with fuel. I bet you good run stock injectors on a 10 second car with this set up. Jets cost about $2 and can be changed in less than a minute. So you're not married to a particular size injector. I do not claim to be the inventor of this system, I just penned the set up for the tech articles page. And it works better than any other 7th system out there.

Gary

Back a number of years ago, I authored an article entitled "Home made 7th injector". It can be found on the turbo regal web site. Click on resources, click on tech articles, click on fuel. Basically you use a fuel nozzle from a nitrous set up, plumbed into your up pipe from the fuel rail. A Hobbs switch allows you to turn the fuel on anywhere from 7psi to 30psi. I ran this setup on my 86 GN that had a stroker engine. That car ran 10.50 at 128 mph with forty lb. injectors and the home mde 7th. And with the right size jet, I could flood the engine out with fuel. I bet you good run stock injectors on a 10 second car with this set up. Jets cost about $2 and can be changed in less than a minute. So you're not married to a particular size injector. I do not claim to be the inventor of this system, I just penned the set up for the tech articles page. And it works better than any other 7th system out there.

Gary

Jorge-------- I dont have any times with the 44 cause i never got to the track.

87gnNV----- I dont think revving my car to 4500 rpms in park would be a good thing!

Blackbuick-- The reason I know I'm leaning out with the 009's and 54 is because my o2's are in the 720 range at the end of the run and my knock starts to climb from 0 to 3.9 the 7th injector that I'm using from red's only activates at 4500, 5000, or 5500 rpms

Cmokem ----I think my new walbro 340 is working very well. not a fuel pump problem.

Banning------It seems that when I get some time off I will ask someone with direct scan to help me out but that wont be for a while:(

Gary That truly sound's like a great Idea I will seriously consider that setup!

Thanks everyone hopefully I can fix this problem with you guy's help

Hey gndriver, where in Hialeah are you located? I have VERY similar setup to yours I would like to keep in touch with you to see how you do your 7th. I'm in the Pines area so I'm just 10-15 minutes away. Good luck.