68 Firebird G-Mashine VS Auston Martin Vantage

Roadrage david

Guys took this from another board as im dislectic and dutch i dont feel like doing it over again so please forgive my spelling i ones in a while visit this forum, when i need to know some tech stuff for the tr2004r trans. but anyway here it gose my biggest kill to date:
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Roadrage David
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005
Trader Rating: (0)

G-Mashine Firebird VS Austin Martin Vantage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys befor you gonna spil your guts and give me a hard time THIS TOOK PLACE IN EUROPE.

Im not sure if some of you guys bilieve this but here it gose.
Yesterday i whent to a car show in Belgium lots of germans dutch guys and ofcours belgiums.
Afther we set of back to our home we encounterd a new dark Blue Austin Martin vantage. pushing up to everybody at 140kmh to make room for him!!.
At first i just let him pass, but he behaved very dominant on the road and my frind and co pilot named Fearless Freddy, said why dont you see if you can teatch him a lesson..

So i pushed some more trottle and catsht him up a bit but kept my distance due to trafic.
My frind who knows these roads said dont worry in about 1000 yards it wil open up to a 4 lane. The guy obviusly saw us closing in while he still had traffic in frond of him.

When the road opend up he flored it and i whent with him stayd on him but with some distance.
My frind said hes gonna take the nekst turn of right witch wil imidiatly gose over in a lang left turn!!. and sure enoughf the Austin Martin dove in the corner and took the middel of the road in the left hand turn.
I shifted back just befor the turn and put the trottle douwn looking for max grip on the Nitto tires(god bless them) and speeded up to 210 kmh, and i past him an the inside!!!!!!.

The guy obiusly had no idea ore ever heurd of a G-Mashine Pro-touring kind of a car!!.
afther the turn we took lead but kept it resirved at 150kmh due to traffic YET he was on our ASS to say it mildly and not amused he obiusly wanted to make a point that he was the ""govener"" of the road.
My co pilot and frind said let im pass and go behind him , and i said no lets just build up his frustration a bit first. we need to play this wel as a Austin Martin vantage is hard to beat. for the necst 10 min it whas tug of war and dukiing and diving.
Then i Finnaly when over to the mid lane!! and shifted back to 3e being reddy for him!! he came passing us full troutle leaving nobody around unotished(nobody whas there of cours but you guys know what i mean) him being seriues and that he whas going all the way!!.
We imidiatly pulled behind him in his slip stream and we where off!!! like as WARP SPEED!!.
i pulled a 135 ore something MPH at 6000 rpm in 3e befor i shifted into 4th, and rpm whent up.
This 461 CI 425 stroke 400 Pontiac Engine screamd his guts out and kept on pulling and to my sirprize whe creept towards him!!!!. i nearly kissed him 3 times on his bottom forsing me to let of some gas but only slightly.

then the Austin Martin when across to the right about a foot from the left lane to the middel lane, and i jumt out of his slip stream to the left and past him at 5800 rpm doing 305kmh!!!!! and BEAT HIM at top speed and acseleration!!. and not to long befor that i beat him in a corner...
Im pretty sure the guy was not imused and kinda pissed off getting his butt Spankt bij a 42 year old Firebird(with some mods heheheheheheheh).

I had a bearly 300rpm left, but im glad we did it . altho when we got of the highway at the necst junktion and drove the car home limping back to our home port and garage.
I lost some engine oil transmission oil and my right Mirror came of!!! hanging on a wire.
damaged my headers!!! my window wipers spontainiuly started to runn as wel. this all lasted a roughf 20 min!!! . But Damm what a ride what a car!!!..
I can now ad a Austin Martin Stikker to my Ferrari and Porshe kills. that i previusly made...

Coming winter the engine will come out afther only 3300 miles on it and it wil get the solid roller cam upgrade with a custom grind, lifter bore braces and then FINNALY we are going to put the Variable Rocker system on it . heads and manifold will be send back to the USA for more portwork (325cfm).
rear ratio wil be changed from 3.42 to 3.08.... transmission upgrades . for necst season......
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• Foto012.jpg
    Foto012.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,794
  • Foto010.jpg
    Foto010.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,993
  • Foto008.jpg
    Foto008.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,112
Wow, wild ride. 300+kmh :eek:.

Lose those stickers. They will never know what hit them and you'll send a bunch of expensive Euro metal back to the tuners. :D

Very cool!

My first gen Camaro is semi-protouring so I can relate to the fun of getting one of these cars to go fast and handle too. It's never gone 190mph (no wonder your mirror blew off LOL :biggrin:)....but it has gone 145+mph and still had some legs left.

I can also relate to the ground clearance issues with the headers. I have long tubes and there might be about 3.5 - 4 inches of clearance between the headers and the ground....gotta be careful on the bumps....:biggrin:

When you pull your engine for that work, go to the shorty headers and you'll free up a couple more inches under the car solving a big driveability issue. You will give up a few HP with the shorties, tho'.

Great kill!!!:biggrin:

go to the shorty headers and you'll free up a couple more inches under the car solving a big driveability issue. You will give up a few HP with the shorties, tho'.

I wouldn't go shorty on a big NA motor. He'll be giving up something in the 30-45HP range, IMO. Especially heading towards a tight-spinning solid roller setup. Better off doing suspension work, like some progressive springs or some extra work to really tuck the exhaust up there or something.

Cool story!

Jim

i don't think anyone makes shorties for pontiac motors i think he'd have to have them custom fabbed

Guys thanks for the aprisiation. the car is a democar and a cirquit car as wel for our small company.
the stickers are from the parts we sell en use in the car so they stay. it wil reseave the raceing NR decals today as wel.

Meanchicken As for the shorty headers thats a nono need 2 inch primarys for this mill i think il go with eather Mad dog headers ore Doug headers they have the best ground clearense.
Have included some little u tube videos.
first 2 are around170mph drive by. the tr2004r tranny gets not enoughf credit if you ask me. people always like to talk in ecsesif terms about what is best and strongest. YET they very rearly test the crap out of it till breaking point where a 4 speed overdrive should be taken. and i dont meen the strip...

YouTube - pontiac drive by
YouTube - pontiac firebird drive-by
YouTube - ROADRAGE FIREBIRD 68 PRT 2
YouTube - firebird D&S

Meanchicken As for the shorty headers thats a nono need 2 inch primarys for this mill i think il go with eather Mad dog headers ore Doug headers they have the best ground clearense.

This is my 4th first gen Camaro. I've been driving first gens since 1978....but the first car I looked at when 16 was a 69 Firebird 400 with the hood tach. Dad wouldn't let me get it because it looked too fast.:biggrin:
Other than the engine configurations and the visible body differences, the first gen Firebird and the Camaro are identical underneath

Yup...I had to have the 2" primaries on my ZZ502 also....but....don't look past the shorties.

The HP sacrifice of running shorties vs. full length is more likt 10-15HP if we're talking about street headers that feed through an exhaust system. Extended open collector tubes on full length headers might give you 20-25HP

A buddy of mine is building a twin turbo SB stroker and placing it in a 69 pro-touring machine. He's going with the mid lengths. His set up has already been proven to produce 1500HP in another 69 Camaro, but he'll be running it more like 1000HP. He spends a lot of time on Lateral-g.net :: The g-Machine Network.  A Pro-Touring and g-Machine Community with pictures and forums

The Dougs headers will only give you a hair more ground clearance over something more mainstream like Hooker, etc...
...or you could fab some custom....

I'm running QA1 coil overs on Global West tubular control arms and could raise it up a bit with the adjustments, but I like hugging the ground.

The air suspensions have come a long way and are another option. You can adjust your ground clearance on the fly.