66 or 67 NOVA

gmpower6

I am looking for a 66-67 nova for a t/r motor. Has anybody done that? I thought i read some where somebody has done but was wanting to know how easy it was or just for get it. I already started collecting motor parts for it. I allway's like the way they looked.

Thanks Sean

I have seen one chevy II (66) with a intercooled TR powerplant.. Car was green with dog dish hubcaps.. The ultimate sleeper..
Looked great under the hood as well. I used to have a picture on my old pc but it crashed...
I always wanted to do my 66 327 ChevyII that way, but couldn't bring myself to "bastardize" the car. Don't get me wrong though, that would be a "10" on the cool scale..

Good luck...

i haven't seen one done,but i can't imagine it would be too difficult.i'm trying to convince one of my friends to put a gn drivetrain into one of his 66 novas.those things are friggin light!

I am TRYING to talk my dad into putting one in his 65 SS, but i think t's gonna end up being a 283. it was an original 6 car, so it woould be cool to keep it a 6. i suggested the 4200 inline 6 from a new TrailBlazer or Envoy.

Well you see where i am going with it light car. Looking really for a roller but a plain jane nova will do just fine. Friend of mine down the street had a 66 tube with a 327 and it looked great. Just would like to have a project to think about.

The thing that sux is they rotted away fast. dad's has light rot in the rr quarter bottom, but the car has been in a basement for 20+ years so it's real clean. Black on black is neat on the car. he just wants to restore it so the engine swap is outa the question now.

Only real big concern would be with the shocks towers.. They sit in very high and tight in the engine compartment.. However, you could always put a Fat Man or Chris Alston front end under it (strut kit, tubular a arms, etc.) and elimate that problem..
The front clips/rails, etc, simply unbolt from the rest of the car.
Goodluck...

I saw a green '68 nova for sale on some race car site. The guy was running a single turbo Stage II (Buick V6) setup and claimed 1400hp and low 8's. The car was backhalved and everything, but the general motif of it was more Pro Street than hardcore racecar. It was pretty cool.

I thought there would be a lot of detail that would go into the swap but wow he went threw hell. Still would like to try it. No big hurry still collecting parts. Heck after i get them all i might change my mind.

Thanks Sean