.500 TV install.....

87CFC

Hey guys, I have removed the old valve, no problems with it coming out... the new valve is stuck... I am sure the parts are in the right order, they will not go far enough in to engage the snap ring and it is not falling back out...Any suggestions?????

Thanks
Alan Clayton
87 GN

PR valve has fallen out. Use some heavy grease and reinstall all. It will work. just remember, Patience will save you lots of doe here. If frustrated walk away and come back later. They can be a bitch. DO NOT FORCE!!!!!! good luck..

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Bruce, thanks for the reply but the assembly is stuck in the bore...
the "tv boost valve bushing" will not go any farther in...or come out. I don't think that I forced it but what if I did? How can I get it out?

Thanks
Alan Clayton
87 GN

Try to use a strong magnet to back it out. That way you can get it out and pack it with grease or vaseline so it all stays together.

I did this job two weeks ago and had to walk away a couple of times. Be patient and try the magnet.

HTH

Joel

Try , and this sucks I know , but put all back together, put car on jackstands, fill with fluid and put in reverse with tv cable pulled at full and throttle at 1000-1500 rpm. Have pressure gauge on and it will blow valve assembly out all by itself. have the gauge there to let you know when. Trust me , you will know when it blows it out as pressure will drop. You may even hear it hit the pan.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

I heard it hit the pan....seems to shift fine....thanks again guys!

Alan
87 GN

Tried the magnet..it wasn't strong enough, put the pan back on and had my wife start it, and put the car in reverse while I was beside it. Heard clunk told her to kill it, wouldn't go into park so I was pretty sure it came out. Used grease and kept trying (a Lot).
One time it went on in and I got the snap ring in... it was late so
only a short test drive but she went through the gears ok.

Thanks
Alan