42lb Lightining, 42lb Blue Stripe, or 30lb Green Stripe

87gninpa

Odd title, I know but I need some help in deciding which injectors to run. Let me start by saying, I run a a stock turbo and dont really ever plan on upgrading. With that said, which injector will give me the best driveability of the three listed? I have a brand new set of the 42lb green top Lightning injectors, but I could sell them for a set of the 42lb blue stripes that Eric sells (I will be getting a chip from him anyway), or a set of the 30lb green stripe stock replacements. I know I dont need any bigger than 30lb for a stock turbo car, but i have the lightnings already, and if using either them or the blue stripes would be better Ill go that way. Guess Im just looking for opinions on which injector seems to be the best on the street and for regular driving. TIA

The drivability will be the same with all of them. Since you already have the 42lb Bosch, I would use those. They will work great.

Eric

Great, thanks....disregard that very similar email you should be receiving then, haha

42 lb. Bosch work great with my TT chip.

I had one of the first chips for them in my GN he made years ago.

Upgraded it to the latest programmable version, at the time, a couple of years ago.

Works flawlessly on the defaults. :cool:

You should be able to duplicate the window sticker MPG ratings with a light foot with them. :smile:

42 lb. Bosch work great with my TT chip.

I had one of the first chips for them in my GN he made years ago.

Upgraded it to the latest programmable version, at the time, a couple of years ago.

Works flawlessly on the defaults. :cool:

You should be able to duplicate the window sticker MPG ratings with a light foot with them. :smile:

When i had the stock motor and 009's in my car Eric made the lean cruise on my car. I think i was able to get 23mpg city and highway, ac and what not.
I did nail the throttle daily just to make sure the car was running in tip top shape :)

Since i blew up the 4.1 motor, i kinda cant drive it right now. Ive been driving my powerstroke ford, 600 miles per tank and i fill up once a month. $91 bux:rolleyes:

If we could inject propane in our cars for 70mpg i would be in for that.

BW

I would upgrade your pump too. A stock pump can't keep up with 42's if/when you need any extra pulsewidth.

I have a 340 pump with a hotwire kit, have had it for years. I currently run the gray 868 36lb injectors, but am not crazy about them. I can get about $300 for the 42lb Bosch injectors, so I think Ill just end up selling them and buying the 42lb injector/chip combo from Eric. Quick6, I also think Ill request the lean cruise for them when I order them for better mileage.

I can get about $300 for the 42lb Bosch injectors

I'd like to know where.... not here!!! :p Seriously, like Eric himself said, if I were you I'd stick with the 009's... and if you really must choose a different injector, go ahead and go with the 60's... awesome driveability and likely never have to upgrade again.... just my O2...

I'd like to know where.... not here!!! :p Seriously, like Eric himself said, if I were you I'd stick with the 009's... and if you really must choose a different injector, go ahead and go with the 60's... awesome driveability and likely never have to upgrade again.... just my O2...

I dont want to go to 60s because this car will never see a bigger turbo, so theres no reason to. As yes, I can get $300 easily on a Mustang board for the Lightning injectors. They are brand new and there are 8, not 6.

The Ford Lightning injectors work really well. My GN ran 11.90's with them on a stock motor with a TA49, 3" down pipe and stretch SL IC. I ran them for years before I went to 60's. I had a tip in stumble when I ran the 009's before I went to the green top Ford injectors. :)

Guess Ill just stick with these then...Ive heard about that with the 009s, but I thought the newer chips fixed that. Anything has to be better than the 868s Im currently running, dont like them at all.

I never had a tip in stumble with the 009s with Erics chip. I do remember before he was making the chips and 009s were not friendly at all when you first tip in the gas. Almost made you think the maf was going out.

Glad you decided to keep the larger injectors, that will get you a little more fuel if you decide to run it a tad rich at WOT. I always do this just to keep it a little safer on the tune up. Plus you make more power with more fuel.

Take it easy

BW :)

I never had a tip in stumble with the 009s with Erics chip. I do remember before he was making the chips and 009s were not friendly at all when you first tip in the gas. Almost made you think the maf was going out.

BW :)

+2. My car would stumble on my 009s with my old chip. Put one of Eric's chips in and no more stumble. Off idle tip in is great. Felt like a new car.