30# mustang injectors

fly89gta

would they work ok on a turbo 3.8?

i've heard Ford rates their injectors lower than GM so if this is true what would they flow in GM #'s?

i have a trasher chip for stock injectors...could i use that?

i can get em cheap...would it be worth it or am i wasting my time?

thanks guys :)

I had a set of them in my car. They worked really well. They will take you maybe a tad further than stock injectors.
No complaints here.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
I had a set of them in my car. They worked really well. They will take you maybe a tad further than stock injectors.
No complaints here.

Lee, could you use a stock injector chip? i'm running a Trasher 92 for stock injectors.

I was told by Joe Lubrant not too as the measured amount of fuel they flow is different than the stock chip. It would run really rich.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
I was told by Joe Lubrant not too as the measured amount of fuel they flow is different than the stock chip. It would run really rich.

So i guess if i get em i should give joe a call and have him burn me a chip eh? ;)

Originally posted by fly89gta
would they work ok on a turbo 3.8?

i've heard Ford rates their injectors lower than GM so if this is true what would they flow in GM #'s?

i have a trasher chip for stock injectors...could i use that?

i can get em cheap...would it be worth it or am i wasting my time?

thanks guys :)

Just make sure these are the RED injectors. Used them on a Vortech blown 92 M*stang a few years ago and they work fine. In the event some don't know about the Mustang injectors:

19lb - orange
24lb - light blue
30lb - red
36lb - dark blue

are these injectors easy to burn chips for? i know the chip guys have problems getting the 009's down, how are these?

Originally posted by fly89gta
are these injectors easy to burn chips for? i know the chip guys have problems getting the 009's down, how are these?

I would say that the 19's and 24's are not even an issue since they are smaller than our stock injectors. The red 30's I'm not sure about, but the dark blue 36's are the same blue tops I have in my car with a JT chip for blue tops. Runs like a champ :)

yeah i was talking about the red ones...maybe someone else can chime in with some info :)

If you have the red tops, then you should have no problems if you have Joe L do the chip. I have no complaints with it.

I have a set of ford blue top 36lbs for sale under 6,000 miles on them they work great, I had to upgrade becuase I have changed my set up.