3" stainless Converter Needed

theMonch

2QIK4U
Just bought a car that has no cat on it. I was looking to get a stainless 3" that has the stock flange setup on the outlet. Anyone know where to get one of these? Everything I come across has 2.5" inlet not 3"

Thanks in Advance.

Do you know the exact length catalytic converter you need? they come in different sizes so you must measure and determine what size you need depending on which downpipe is on your car. I bought a 3" Hi-flow cat from Kirban for emissions testing. Random Technology also sells 3" Hi-flow cats.

It is a GN1 Perf 3" SS Downpipe with a GN1 Perf 3" SS DUal Exhaust. I am guessing that it is a GN1 3" test pipe as well. I have random cats on my vette and I like them alot. I didn't even notice a performance difference. I think I might look for a short barrel type stainless unit with 3" in and out and have my local guy weld it together. I just wanted to save the test pipe in case there was any performance loss felt, I could put it back after inspection.

not to say "I" have done this..but, in my state anyway (DE) "I have know buick owners" who have tac welded a round (patrially flattened with holes drilled in same) piece of steel to the test pipe area to look as though the vehicle is running a catalytic converter and go through inspection with this and an emissions chip and fuel pressure turn down to 36 psi. (emission chips available through TT for about $20.00).

I have 42# injectors and just went through inspection with no problems, however dmv inspections differ from state to state. In Delaware they simply roll a small dolly under the car (which has an attached mirror) to visually inspect for the cat.

not to say "I" have done this..but, in my state anyway (DE) "I have know buick owners" who have tac welded a round (patrially flattened with holes drilled in same) piece of steel to the test pipe area to look as though the vehicle is running a catalytic converter and go through inspection with this and an emissions chip and fuel pressure turn down to 36 psi. (emission chips available through TT for about $20.00).

I have 42# injectors and just went through inspection with no problems, however dmv inspections differ from state to state. In Delaware they simply roll a small dolly under the car (which has an attached mirror) to visually inspect for the cat.

Yeah, I have done some similar things in the past. I used to take a cat and drill the center out with a hole saw and insert a straight pipe through. This would leave the catalyst element to the outsides, so if anyone knocked on the unit it wouldn't sound hollow.