3.625 Stroke Crank for 4.1

maverick

I have a Buick MS Billet steel crank for sale, stroke is 3.625, std/std. but it may need to be turned .10/.10 as to the crank has about 3 hours run time but spun #1 rod bearing and #1 main. All other bearing surfaces look great. $900.00

Mavrick,

I might have interest. Have you measured the damaged journals to see what size they are? Do you have any pics? Have you taken it to a crank shop for their opinion and to get it magged? Finally is it wide journal or narrow journal?

Sorry to play 20 questions.

Neal

Why would you need a 4.1 block? If the crank can for sure be cleaned up a .10 under and is good/no cracks Im also very interested.

crank

I'm not saying you need a 4.1 block....just stating that is what I had it in....as far as having a machine shop check it out, I have not done that, Bruce Alred at Aggressive performance dissassembled the engine and I am going off what he had stated what would need to be done..as far as visual....the #1 surfaces just look to be "darkened" in color...not any real gouges in them...it is a wide journal, I'll take some pic's in a bit if you would plz leave e-mail addy so I can send them to you, thank-you.

e mail

my email is sheilman @sbc global.net if neil doesnt want the crank Ill take it.

Is this the crank that came out of the motor with the wiped out thrust and side of the block blown out???:confused:

Dave,

I think it's the same one. I'm very interested in seeing the pics.

Neal

crank

The block was blown apart...but the thrust bearing aspect was ok...no other journals were damaged...Bruce stated and from my viewing...there was no other appearent damage, I'll get a few angles/close-ups of the whole thing for ya, in the next couple hours. I would re-use this if it were not for me already having a duplicate crank, that has been "knife-edged" and ready to go.

Maverick,

I got the pics you sent. I would tell you that the crank is not in the condition you stated above. Also you didn't include any pics of the thrust surface. Personally I wouldn't re-use it due to the damage and discoloration on the rod journal. Maybe it could be turned down for BBC rods so you can save it.

Thanks

Neal

machine shop

I will take it to a machine shop today and get Exactly what will need to be done to it....then all the "shady" area's will be covered....in fact..I may just have it all machined and ready to go...then I'll re-list it with the new price.