3½" turbo inlet for stock turbo?

tom h

Is there such a thing as a 3½" turbo inlet for the stock turbo on '87 cars?

Haven't seen it in anyone's online catalogs. A 3.5 inlet would be a lot cleaner looking when used with a 3.5" MAF, as it avoids all the messy adapters and hose clamps.

Just go with one of my 3.5" MAF pipes. The 3.5" adapters I use squeeze down nicely to the 3" inlet without any problems and looks pretty clean to me. http://www.buickgn.com/mafpipes3.5INCH.htm
I originally had upgraded to a 3" LT-1 MAF sensor but when a customer asked for a 3.5" pipe, I upgraded to the LS1 sensor to make sure this would work and it fits nicely. I would recommend using an Angle Boss IAC relocator though.

inlet

Red armstrong sells them. Has 3 1/2 and 4 in stock. for any turbo up to TA66

Mark,

hmm, so it does look like your 3.5" MAF pipe attaches OK to the stock 3" turbo inlet. Didn't realize it would transition that smoothly.

Yeah, it worked out pretty slick, no need for a 3.5" to 3" adapter. Guess it would work out the opposite way for those running a 3"MAF pipe that wanted to go to the 3.5" MAF. I wouldn't run it on my GN if it didn't work.

Mark
Will you be at the GS Nationals, or will there be any vendors selling the 3.5 inlet pipes? I would like to purchase a steel one and would prefer to pick it up at the Nats.
Randy