2004R / 1350 u-joint trans yoke

jpwalt1987

Any one know if there is a company that makes a heavy duty trans slip yoke for the 2004R that accepts the 1350 series u-joint? I have a Strange 3inch Chromoly driveshaft that I had made for my TH400 swap that I would like to reuse. I am going back to the 2004R.

Thanks, Jeremy

You can also use a conversion joint. They had them on the shelf at my local driveline shop.

as already pointed out, the TH400 is a little longer than a 200-4r or TH350, so you might not be able to use that shaft unless you can find a longer yoke.

If I recall correctly, when I measured for the TH400 driveshaft it was about 1/2 inch shorter than the stock 2004r shaft. If I have to, I will just order a new shaft. Thanks guys.

After twisting the splines on two stock yokes, I've decided to get one from Mark Williams ( Mark Williams Enterprises - Yokes ). I don't remember the part number for it, but the 200-4R has the same number of splines as a Powerglide or TH 350 (not sure which) :rolleyes:...but after counting the splines, I called them and they had one that fit. Never had a problem with it since...

Claude. :cool:

After twisting the splines on two stock yokes, I've decided to get one from Mark Williams ( Mark Williams Enterprises - Yokes ). I don't remember the part number for it, but the 200-4R has the same number of splines as a Powerglide or TH 350 (not sure which) :rolleyes:...but after counting the splines, I called them and they had one that fit. Never had a problem with it since...

Claude. :cool:
the answer is- both. the TH400 is the only GM automatic that uses a different yoke, unless you count the really old cast iron case powerglides from the 50's and early 60's.