200-4R 2-3 shift problem

BuickGNMan

I had a local guy (dumb move!) rebuild my tranny. $1200 in labor & parts plus my addiion of the 9" AC Non LU converter (3200 stall) and the related pump & a few other Hi Pro parts. I can't remember the shift kit I used purchased from Poston. Here's what's happening... It works fine with normal driving but laying into the throttle pushes my 2-3 shift deep into redline sometimes even hitting the rev limiter and on other occasions the shift don't seem to hit hard or sometimes takes a long time to shift, almost as if it's slipping hard before hitting 3rd. I back right off when this happens because I'm afraid I'm frying a band or clutch or something? I had my tranny guy try a different spring and it didn't do much. He tells me there's nothing wrong. It's my car and I know a problem! Can I possibly correct this myself with the original spring from my kit or should I bite the bullet and bring it to a good 200-4R tranny guy and have him look it over? Thanks for the help!
Mike

Sounds like the direct clutch and intermediate servo clearances are too wide, causing a flare-up. I would recommend having a good 2004R guy assess the situation for you.

Whats going on with your boost when this happens?When your cruising in 2nd and then you floor it ,is this when it happens.I am havng this problem.If i give a little boost (1-2)and then floor it,it's fine.But for some reason cruising at 30-40 mph,if i accellerate all at once my rpm's will shoot well past 4500 if i let it,the boost shoots up as well but my car wont respond.My tranny shifts well in any other gear and during normal driving conditions(no boost).
I had my trans rebuilt about 15 K ago with a shift kit.this problem just came about.I contacted transgo(shift kit),they said to check the servo & govervor ass.

Good luck.