1980 z/28, 418 solid roller BBC (trade for turbo buick

stephen p

burrick owner
ok. some of you may remember this car from a few months ago.. i had problems with the old engine, and put in a different one.. this car defenatly has some ass to it...

the car is a 1980, z28, every thing pretty much works. no sagging doors, no butchered wiring. none of the typical problems that come with a 2nd gen camaro. no rust any where. also.

i bought the car bone stock, and it has never had any thing other than wore out street tires, so it has never hooked, on any power.. meaning, no stress cracks, twisted unibody, etc..

engine.. 11:1 cr, 60 over 402 (418cu in) steel crank shot peened "thumb" rods. j&e forged dome pistons, ported and polished 292 casting semi open chamber heads (112 cc combustion chamber) the whole valve train, is COMP.. solid roller cam (unsure of exact specs) comp hardened pushrods, comp 1.7 roller rockers, comp springs, retainers, and guide plates. the engine was built at a very reputable machine shop. every thing is matched.. also, victor jr intake, holley 850 dp, msd probillet, msd 6al. gilmer belt drive. tilton mini starter, scat sfi flex plate.

trans, is a th350 short tail, b&m shift kit, raybestos clutches. shifts very firm.. tci 3k stall converter.

the BAD... interior has seen better days, but could be allot worse. also, no power steering, i have the pump, and brackets, but i have been too lazy, to put it on, and i'm still on the fence about converting to a manual box.. the paint is the original paint, and looks good from 20 ft. but will need a re paint at some point.. also, the factory hood barely clears the carb..but it does close all the way

on the whole this is a very nice car, and is FAST. very streetable.. i'm fairly confident that with good tires, the car would run high 11's on motor.. and let's not forget, that big block's like a nitrous kit.

i am looking to trade for a 86-87 turbo buick. i really don't want any thing else. but i *might* consider other cars, but it's doubtful. if i were to take cash, it would be around 7k..

i do not have a trailer, so i will be driving the car, so i can't meet more than about a state over from where i live. (jackson, MS)

newengine2.jpg

newengine1.jpg

camaroengine2.jpg

camaroint.jpg

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2761.jpg

DSCN2759.jpg

camroint7.jpg

camaroint3.jpg

camaroint2.jpg

as of today, i bought a 12 bolt posi, and some new (to me) seats, front and rear..(stock color, stock seats) i will be installing the 12 bolt later today, and seats, and friday, it will have a set of subframe connectors