1971 C10 Short Bed/Fleet Side Supercharged 383 Stroker

HeloCrewChief

Looking to trade for an 86-87 Turbo Buick. I've had this 1971 C10 Factory Short Bed/Fleet Side for a little while now. I wanted just a driver quality truck to tow a vintage flat bottom boat to the lake but, my work is keeping me away 6 months out of the year so plans have changed. I want to start by stating this is not a magazine truck or else I would be asking double my asking price. It is a driver quality truck that you can take to your local car show and have fun with now!

-The majority of the truck was built when I bought it here in Washington State. The previous owner had the truck built in Santa Rosa, CA and brought it up here with him when he moved. I've cleaned a few things up on the truck. I installed new bumpers, tail light trim, windshield, windshield gasket, sill plates, door weather stripping, trailer brake, hitch, glove box liner etc. I just wanted a fun driver to take to the lake and not worry about chips or door dings at the local grocery store parking lot.

The truck is fast and runs strong. It has a 383 stroker with Edelbrock Aluminum heads, Powerdyne Supercharger, MSD ignition etc. It runs hard and the previous owner said it is capable of running high 12's. There are only about 4,000 miles on the engine and transmission. The transmission is a Turbo 400 with a B&M shifter on a custom made mount in the cab. Set up so you can ratchet shift it with ease. The rear end is a 12 bolt posi with 3.73 gears.

The truck seems to run cool and have good oil pressure. It is equipped with full gauge package. The interior is decent driver condition. Not much to right home about interior wise in these 67-72's. Has a working radio which sounds good.

The wheels are 17 inch American Racing five spokes. The front tires are a bit older. The rears are newer and have good tread. Truck has Power Disc Brakes on the front/Drum in the rear. Air Bags in the rear which are operated from inside the cab.

The paint and body are average. The paint looks good and has a ton of clear. There is a little filler in the truck but, not too bad. About average for what you would expect from a driver quality paint job. The cab supports and inner rockers all look good. The windshield area is solid. The inner fenders and fender cups are solid. The bed is extremely solid, has zero rust issues as well as the tailgate.

I feel my asking price is reasonable as this truck has some nice components on it. You can hop in and have fun with it now. Its a true short/fleet. A jalopy short/fleet would run you at least $5-10k.

Price:$17,500 OBO

Over 80 pictures at this link:
http://s121.photobucket.com/user/BRA...?sort=3&page=2

Attachments

• IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 148