1970 Nova - Fully Restored and Modified

GN X-BODY

Come Get Some!!!
Gentlemen,

I hate for my first post on this website to be a For Sale thread, but I'm trying to enter the Buick circle ASAP and there isn't enough $$$ and room in the garage to have both.

Here are the some details for you guys:

BODY
-1970 Nova
-Body was soda blasted and all body panels have been replaced with Goodmark reproduction metal (2 Front fenders, New trunk panel, 2 Quarter panels, 2 New door skins, New 4" Harwood Cowl hood)
-Roof was replaced with a 69' roof found in Sebring, Florida
-New Front windsheild and Rear Glass
-All new chrome and trim throughout
-Restored SS grill and headlight bezels
-New Front and Rear bumper
-New trunk floor with new braces
-Paint is 05' Viper Metallic Silver with Jet Black racing stripes

Motor

-383ci - 4-bolt main block
-Retrofitted with full hydraulic roller Crane Cam and lifters 248* .539int .565ex
-Forged Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods (5.7")
-Forged Eagle Ultralite Crank
-Forged JE Pistons -16cc invert. Dome
-Victor Jr Intake
-Edelbrock Performer RPM heads - fully ported
-Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm carb
-Milidon 7qt deep oil pan
-All billet accessories
-B&M flexplate
-Hooker Ceramic LT headers with 3" exhaust all the way back through Hooker Mufflers
-Edelbrock 110GPH fuel pump
-High Torque Starter

Transmission
-Rebuilt Th350 with 3000 Redneck Racing Conv.
-Extra capacity ATF pan
-B&M 24,000LBS GVW fluid cooler
-New 3" driveshaft

Rear End
-8.5" 10-bolt rear
-POSI Eaton Series III differential
-4.10 Superior Gear
-Moser Forged yoke
-Monoleaf Springs with KYB shocks

Rolling Gear
-Weld Prostars 15"x3.5" skinnies with M/T Sportman tires
-Weld Prostars 15"x8" with Nitto 555R's D/R's

Front End
-QA1 1.5" drop springs with KYB shocks
-New upper and lower ball joints
-Energy Suspension polyurethane suspension rebuild kit with body mounts
-Subframe w/A-arms were removed and sandblasted and then painted semi gloss black

Interior
-Believe it or not, but the interior is the original 1970 bench seat, door panels, headliner, dash, and rear seat. I have replaced the carpet, dashpad, and restored the gauge cluster and installed an AutoMeter Wideband o2 sensor (I'm debating selling the gauge with the car - it hasn't even been used yet)

Well that's about it. The car is an absolutely immaculate restoration that took about 2 years to complete. I made a slideshow for anyone that's interested in seeing the car. Just PM me and I'll send the link to my photobucket so you guys can see some of the pics from the build.

The bottom line is, the car is a MONSTER. The 383ci dynoed at over 500hp N/A and since I got a fully forged rotating assembly, it'll handle well over 800hp on pump gas if someone decides to put Nitrous on it - I had the second piston ring filed specifically for Forced induction or NAWWZZZ. :biggrin:

I basically tried to theme the car after a late 60's SoCal dragster by using the traditional racing stripes and leaving the upper window frames flat back.

The car only has less than 100miles on it since finished - the engine, tranny, and rear end aren't even broken-in yet!

I'm looking to get $22,000 OBO for it or a trade for a modified 86-87 GN. We live in a very nice and quiet neighborhood and our HOA is PO'ed because of this car. It's loud and the older crowd is gets annoyed when we take it out of our community. It honestly is killing me to sell my baby, but you can't choose your neighbors and I love GN's so it seems like a natural transition.

I know I'm forgetting something so PM me if you have any questions. If you guys want to verify that I'm legit, I'm a Nova Guru at stevesnovasite.com - my screenname is Prochargedchevyi

Remember: PM me and I'll send you the link to my Photobucket.

Thanks,
Vince

Nice car. I've been thinkin of getting rid of my 67 Velle 396 for a GN or the like. Again, Nice car!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Trust me, if we didn't live in a gated community with an HOA, I wouldn't be selling it. At this point I'm just sick of the nasty looks and ear-whispering I'm getting since I finished it.

Whoever buys it is going to get a very special and well-built car.

I've had a few people ask about the pictures, so make sure that you click on the pic on the first post. That'll bring you to my photobucket where you can view the slideshow and my entire album. There should be almost 100 pictures of the build in there.

Thanks,
Vince

Just curious what kind of time frame your looking at on a trade? I'm looking at @ 1 month to completion on my 86' GN. Quick run down
109 .030 over with torque plates
decked
line honed
RJC girdle installed
forged weisco's
Eagle ESP forged rods
balanced rotating assembly
ported, polished, big valve, receiver grooved heads with roller cam springs
billet roller cam (still working on specs)
Precision GT 6131E
Sparco forward mount
60lb injectors
stock DP for now
restalled D5 converter
snow stage 2 progressive alky kit
Direct scan with lap top
auto meter C2 gages oil press,water temp,fuel press,30lb boost, all electric gages except boost.
That's all I can think of right now. Like I said I'm looking at about a month to have here back on the road. But I am feeling guilty about beating the heck out of a 76xxx mile T-top GN and I won't cage this car so I'm KINDA lookin. Your nova is beautiful. PM me if you want to talk. Jon Hanson

Any interest in Turbo T's?

Just curious what kind of time frame your looking at on a trade? I'm looking at @ 1 month to completion on my 86' GN. Quick run down
109 .030 over with torque plates
decked
line honed
RJC girdle installed
forged weisco's
Eagle ESP forged rods
balanced rotating assembly
ported, polished, big valve, receiver grooved heads with roller cam springs
billet roller cam (still working on specs)
Precision GT 6131E
Sparco forward mount
60lb injectors
stock DP for now
restalled D5 converter
snow stage 2 progressive alky kit
Direct scan with lap top
auto meter C2 gages oil press,water temp,fuel press,30lb boost, all electric gages except boost.
That's all I can think of right now. Like I said I'm looking at about a month to have here back on the road. But I am feeling guilty about beating the heck out of a 76xxx mile T-top GN and I won't cage this car so I'm KINDA lookin. Your nova is beautiful. PM me if you want to talk. Jon Hanson

Turbo 6 and JHanson, thanks for the interest, but I'm really going after a GN hardtop. I've had T-Top cars before in Florida and even with the A/C blasting, it's really tough to keep them cool.

I apologize, I should have put that in my listing.

Turbo 6 and JHanson, thanks for the interest, but I'm really going after a GN hardtop. I've had T-Top cars before in Florida and even with the A/C blasting, it's really tough to keep them cool.

I apologize, I should have put that in my listing.

PM sent

Thanks for the complements guys. I just finished wet-sanding the rocker panels before the games started, so the car is officially show-worthy for the new owner.

I've had a few local yahoos around here tire-kick it but no serious offers yet. We took it to a car show last week and threw the For Sale sign on it, and I probably got about 10 people ask me if they could "take it for a spin".

Ummmmm.....No :mad: lol

i got a 1987 gn heavily modified custom billet wheels , ac, 76 mm turbo very fast well built pm if intrested