1965 Buick Skylark PRICE DROP 9K!!! :(

GSJohn

First year GS
We are selling our 65 Skylark Sport Coupe 2 door hardtop.
The car is a beauty, featuring a repaint of the original color – Midnight Aqua Poly.

Let’s start with the interior: beautiful Black buckets seats and carpet, headliner is perfect, the dash is like new. All the gauges and lights work. It has power steering with a nearly flawless steering wheel. The original AM radio is in the dash but it does not work as the power to it is hooked to a beautifully installed under dash Kenwood AM/FM/CD unit, featuring 6 speakers, 2 Pioneer 6x9 in the rear package tray, 2 under the dash (small ones) and two behind the speaker grill in the dash and a power fender mounted antenna. It is a very nice sounding setup that makes cruising very enjoyable! There are oil pressure and temp gauges mounted very professionally under the dash as well. The car also has a rare 4 way warning flasher set-up. It also has automatic transmission on the column.

The engine is a 300 cubic inch V8 with a 4 barrel carb setup, it has power steering and non-power brakes. It has a nice NON-overpowering dual exhaust system that rumbles at idle, yet isn’t loud while driving, so you won’t get a headache!! All the fluids have been changed, and the engine doesn’t leak or use any oil! PERIOD! It has front and rear sway bars and handles like a dream. The front and rear brakes are like new and the Skylark stops on a dime with no pull to either side! A lot of money went into these brakes and it shows by how they perform! Driving the car home from Florida, at interstate speeds I got 22 MILES PER GALLON! WOWZERS!

The glass is all perfect, and all the windows work very smoothly. Trunk seals are like new and it doesn’t leak anything. The front and rear bumpers have been rechromed and all the rest of the chrome and bright metal work is nearly perfect. The Uniroyal tires are like new and are mounted to a set of Cragar SS wheels that are mint. This is a west coast car and has ZERO rust. You can show it or drive it, I have done both and been very pleased with this car.

The car is being sold with a sales brochure from 1965, a 1965 shop manual, a couple of sales ads for the 1965 Skylark, a Buick “cooler” stool, for you to sit on and keep your beverages and sandwiches cold at the same time. I have a ton of photos of this car and can supply you with them if you would like. The car is located in Neillsville, Wisconsin. I am asking $9,000.00 for the car. Call me days at 888-743-3207 ext 238, or email me at
ruddracing28@hotmail.com. I can email photos to you if you email me directly, whereas if you PM me, you will have to PM your email address to me because I can’t send photos through a PM. I hope this goes to a good BUICK home. 715-743-2253
Thanks for your time. John
ruddracing28@hotmail.com
Pictures by GSJohn1965 - Photobucket

Cool car! My grandpa has a 65 Skylark with a 6cyl 13K original miles. It's a maroon car with black interior. I will more than likely be the owner whenever my grandpa passes away. He's always wanted dual exhaust on the car so I brought it home and will be bringing it to the muffler shop next week! I love the body style of those cars! ------Jeremy

Hi, Wiscconsin= rust, but I could not see any from the pics, let me know if any rust other than plain old surface rust, like what you would get from Arizona, or even here in Boise, more info on the car please, and would you trade for a 87 TR plus cash to me ??, if this pursues any farther, thanks.

Ron

This car was sold new on the west coast, then sold to a fellow in Florida, I bought it from him. It has spent 2 years in Wisconsin and NEVER in the salt or snow. The winter months the car spent in a heated garage with a Cadillac. It is very solid with no issues. It uses no oil and it has no fluid leaks whatsoever! It's a neat 44 year old car that is a blast to drive, especially with the front and rear sway bars. It handles like a new one!
Seriously,.......you will NOT be dissapointed! Especially for $9000.00!
I'll be home tomorrow (Sat), come and look 'er over, take 'er for a spin, I guarantee, you'll go home with 'er!
Thanks, John

Very sweet ride you have there John! Old cars are awesome. This one looks well preserved. I love that color too. Good luck with the sale. Well worth the asking price. Have you tried ebay? You might find more interest there.

Thought about ebay, but I really can't wait for an auction to end in a week. I may try the "Buy It Now" feature and maybe someone would take her. I will give it til Sat afternoon before I go that route.
Thanks.

I know Ron, but if you flew on over, you could spin 'er all the way home!!!
:biggrin:

As of Sunday night I still have it........NOW LOWERED PRICE TO $8500.00 or offer. Need to sell ASAP! John

nice ride:cool: here's my 65! bump for you

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 4,627
I love your car. When you were looking to sell it a few months ago I sent you some pics of my '97 WS6 Formula with Procharger, etc. which is a sweet ride. Would you be interested in a trade? If so, pm me and I'll send you pictures.

Sorry, but I can not take a trade at this time. I really need to sell. Price now down to $8000.00. Call or email.