1949 International street rod w/455 Buick

David

1949 International KB2 pick up truck, long bed street rod.

Truck was finished last year after I bought it in North Dakota. Has 1,000 miles on it now.

The entire truck was sand blasted including the bottom and the frame. Frame and entire body were then primed with epoxy primer. The of the trunk and the frame were painted the same Sunset Orange Metallic that the body was.

Here is a short list:

Exterior:

Custom built steel bed with original rear fenders. The bed is all 16 gauge steel and was built to resemble the stock bed. Steel floor pan, new, from modern Chevy pick up. All stainless steel bolts used on bed and then painted. Custom cover for bed in black vinyl. Snaps across the front and rear, slides into receivers on the sides. The rear of the bed does not open like a typical tail gate. It is simply a panel. Billet aluminum license plate holder in here that is mounted with brake light and plate light integrated into it.

Rollpan style rear bumper with '32 Ford tail lights. Dual 4" tips come through the fascia.

All grille chrome was taken off and the grille has been painted same as the rest of the truck.

New door handles outside. Inside handles were buffed and look very good.

Entire truck is perfectly straight and has beautiful paint. The color is Sunset Orange Metalic, which is a 2003 Pontiac Trans Am color.

Interior:

Custom dash with Autometer ultra light gauges. 7,000 rpm tach, 160 mph speedo, fuel, oil, water temp guages. Turn signal and bright light indicators. Pioneer AM/FM CD deck and four speakers. Custom grey cloth/black "leather" interior with bench seat. Black carpet. Inside of cab was all finished in body color where painted. Motorized vent on cowl, original style tip out windshield, all new lightly tinted glass, Mohave heater box, Flaming river stainless steel tilt wheel and leather steering wheel. Flaming river tall auto shifter (looks like a 4 speed manual shifter)

Drivetrain:

1972 Buick 455. Bored .030. All parts were bought from TA Performance. 525 lift hydraulic cam, Edelbrock aluminum intake, 830 cfm Quadrajet carb, ported big valve iron heads, re-sized rods, all new bearings, standard crank, completely balanced, dual roller timing chain, all new front cover assembly including water pump, oil pump etc. New starter, Mallory distributor, ceramic coated and ported exhaust manifolds. Dual mandrel bent 304 grade stainless steel 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe that incorporates a 3" stainless steel muffler. T/A Performance Aluminum valve covers, polished SS air cleaner. Custom built BIG aluminum radiator, 3300 CFM electic fan, polished SS upper and lower radiator hoses. New Moser 12 bolt rear end with posi-traction and 3.08 gear set. "New" turbo 400 trans and 2500 RPM 12" converter. Truck runs down the road at 2500 rpm at 60 mph. It will run 3,000 RPM at 80 mph all day long. Engine was built for pump gas and I have no trouble with any detonation. Very traction limited it has run 13.2 at 104 mph. Aluminum driveshaft. 1350 u-joints.

Suspension:

Fat Man independant front suspension/sub frame with tubular control arms and coil over adjustable springs. Mustang II manual rack, everything is brand new. SS heim joints for steering shaft supports. Rear is all new leaf springs and shocks.

Polished aluminum master cylinder. Power disc brakes in the front
The truck handles really well and rides good. Room for two adults and a small child. Three seat belts in front with fold down arm rest in the center of the bench seat.

I have just over $30,000 invested in parts and paint. This is no labor for any of the build as I did it mostly at my shop/home in my spare time.

I've basically just lost interest now that it is finished and want to move onto my next project.

I am not interested in trades but am open for offers on it, knowing that the chances of getting anywhere near what I put into back out of it probably isn't going to happen.

You can contact me fastest by e-mailing me at:

davidbuschur@buschurracing.com

Thanks,

David Buschur

$30k is what I have in building the project. I can e-mail pictures to you if you are interested in the truck. As I said, I don't figure I am going to get out of it what I have in it.

If you are interested and want pictures e-mail me at the above posted e-mail and I can send the pictures from that address.

David Buschur