160 lbs injectors

Just to clarify, you bought them non flow matched. They are cheaper that way.

Eric

this.

I asked why they are so much more when you buy a set, and its due to them matching the injectors with similar flow rates.

So 49-Blues, you just bought 6 random injectors off the shelf...so if you're worried about getting accurate flow and O2 readings, I would return them and buy some flowmatched ones.

Its 40$ more, and its one less thing you need to worry about. Think of how much you have in the engine, and weigh how much 40$ really matters when it could mean thousands in a rebuild.

Trust me man, I wanna be cheap too, but when you cut it short on your fuel system, you're asking for problems.

He states on his website flowmatched within 1%.

You might want to check what you actually ordered. If you ordered 6 individual injectors, then they're not matched. You would have to select the 6 pack for the flow matching.
If I'm wrong, then you got a good deal!

Regards,
Eric

You might want to check what you actually ordered. If you ordered 6 individual injectors, then they're not matched. You would have to select the 6 pack for the flow matching.
If I'm wrong, then you got a good deal!

Regards,
Eric

He ordered 6 individual. Its $39x for a set of 6 flow matched, but theyre 55ish each as singles. So he ordered 6 singles to save 40$ and could have injectors that flow entirely different rates.

Or he could hope that flowmatching is all a gimmick by the industry in order to charge you more money. I don't know enough to really be able to tell if its all smoke-and-mirrors, so I coughed up the extra cash for the flowmatched. Especially for what I'm doing..I don't want 1 injector flowing much less than the others..what if that were to be put on the cylinder (what is it, #4?) that runs lean as it is!

I suppose its only a concern if you're above 90% duty cycle? Meh. Not worth the worry.

I was understanding that these are flow matched within 1%. I will recheck these.

think for a second- how could you flow match single injectors? You *can* flow match multiple injectors.

Its all in the fine print. Re-read it and it will say if you buy singles they are not flow matched. Erik sells his 120s flowmatched as well.

I ordered a few flow matched sets of 120's a couple days ago. I'll put them into the webstore as soon as I receive them. They'll be about $390 a set.
awesome! I just checked and didnt see them yet. I will check in a few more days

taken from racetronix site:
FLOW-MATCHED 1% INJECTORS ARE SOLD IN PACKS VIA THE 'BUY IN' DROP-DOWN MENU ABOVE.

INJECTORS SOLD AS EACH ARE NOT FLOW-MATCHED (LISTED FACTORY TOLERANCE APPLIES)

I guess the $60 is for someones labor charge to test each one out on whatever machine they use. I guess its worth it?

From my understanding (and if I'm wrong please correct me) but they put the injectors on a flow bench and test them, then match up injectors that flow within 1% in groups, and that is how you get "flowmatched" injectors. So now you know that all 6 of your injectors will be within 1% flow of each other.

The real question is by how much off the injectors can be. If its only 2-3%, they I don't know if its really worth it if you aren't above 90-95% duty cycle. But if theyre 4-5% off then that could make a difference it seems (when we're talking large injectors and 5% could mean the difference between running lean and blowing an engine up).

This is also why it is good to tune on the rich side to compensate for lean injectors/cylinders. Peak power window on e85 is pretty large compared to gas. I like the 10.3x range personally...(gas scale) My 83's were tested and within 6% of each other... Not sure on the 120's I just bought.

This is also why it is good to tune on the rich side to compensate for lean injectors/cylinders. Peak power window on e85 is pretty large compared to gas. I like the 10.3x range personally...(gas scale) My 83's were tested and within 6% of each other... Not sure on the 120's I just bought.

6% is a lot when you think about it. If you had 100lb injectors, that means one of them is 94lb, so if you were above 95% duty cycle, you'd do flowing more than what that injector can handle. Unless I'm understanding all this wrong, which I very well could be...but 6% seems like a lot, at least when you're pushing what you have to the max.

And tuning rich to compensate for lack of flowmatched injectors is flawed to begin with. You're trying to fix a problem that shouldn't be there by bogging your engine down a bit and robbing it of performance..all because you wanted 40$ more.

When you get to 120s and 160s, that 6% turns into a fair amount of fuel.

Very true, but they weren't 6% less than what they claimed to flow. There was a max of 6% difference on the wost of them. Which is typical. In my case it was because 2 of them flowed more than their rating.

Very true, but they weren't 6% less than what they claimed to flow. There was a max of 6% difference on the wost of them. Which is typical. In my case it was because 2 of them flowed more than their rating.

Yeah, I mean for 90% of this forum its not going to matter anyway. Those who are pushing 80+lb injectors at 95% or above duty cycle are hopefully being safe with their tune, and at least using some sort of management system with it.