16 pos Maxeffort Question

K

kwik gn 1

I have a question about my Maxeffort. I have direct scan and was wondering where I would see the parameter changing and the position the thumbwheel was on? I do not know where to look. In other words, when I have the key on engine off and pull the gear shifter into drive, and say the thumbwheel is on position 0. Where on the laptop will I find the number changing every time I press the gas pedal? Thanks for any help. DON

Originally posted by kwik gn 1
I have a question about my Maxeffort. I have direct scan and was wondering where I would see the parameter changing and the position the thumbwheel was on? I do not know where to look. In other words, when I have the key on engine off and pull the gear shifter into drive, and say the thumbwheel is on position 0. Where on the laptop will I find the number changing every time I press the gas pedal? Thanks for any help. DON

Neing that the modes are coded in the prom, I dont think you'll see them happening as what you see on scan tools, including direct scan are certain memory addresses. The toggling of modes might be in an address outside the window of what you can view. To be 100%, either try it, or ask Steve Y. You might however see prom ID change.

You will need to be in text mode. You will see some blm tables change as the chip moves from different fueling schemes (based on rpm, knock, gear, ect..). Go to Turbobuicks.com and ask Orlando87_GN, he had the blm table numbers and grid position mapped out.

Mike

For T-link and Scanmaster users, adjustments read out on block learn for whatever thumbwheel position you are on, and thumbwheel position # reads out on integrator.

For Direct Scan users all program values read out simultaneously on block learn, and thumbwheel position # will read out on prom ID. Will not show on OTC monitor.

Hope this helps!

Direct Scan Cell Readout

Cell #

0 Offset
1 Mode Word
2 TPS vs Cruise Kick Out Point
3 Cruise Fuel
4 0-4000 WOT Fuel
5 Idle Fuel
6 Tip in Accelerator Pump
7 Cold Start
8 Throttle Body Size