153 block 4.000" bore (taking offers)

psiedv6

Here is a on-center 153 block w/ 4.000" bore that was in a Indy Lites car. This was a running engine with a BMS crank 3.400 w/ BBC rod journals and aluminum 6.5" rods. It was windowed at one time and repaired with 2 sleeves, I took it to my machinist to clean up the patch job, but he told me it was done right, just not as pretty as his work would have been, he said there was no structural damage to the block and if he cleaned it up, I would have to get it machined again, squared, line bored and so on from heating up to temp. He just told me to run it as is and it will hold. I have never got around to use this one and if someone is in the market for a Stage II, this is it.

Taking offers with PM's only

Attachments

• SII1.jpg
    SII1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 454
  • SII2.jpg
    SII2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 457
  • SII3.jpg
    SII3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 459
  • SII4.jpg
    SII4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 453
  • SII5.jpg
    SII5.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 451
more pics

Attachments

• SII6.jpg
    SII6.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 431
  • SII7.jpg
    SII7.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 431
  • SII8.jpg
    SII8.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 434
  • SII9.jpg
    SII9.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 432
  • SII10.jpg
    SII10.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 428
Robert,

Maybe you should offer it to Sod at Hye Tech Performance. :biggrin:

Neal

Robert,

Maybe you should offer it to Sod at Hye Tech Performance. :biggrin:

Neal
That's funny Neal, Archie at GN1 Performance, (Sod's cousin) called me the other day and asked if I had anything, I offered it to him, but he is scared of the on-center. So that is what put it in my mind to sell this one.

Robert

Robert,

Looks like a frankenblock to me. I'm sure someone will buy it though. It amazes me sometimes what people will run. I would use it for mock up but not much else personally. You don't have a 3.590" wide journal crank in your stash do ya? The one I bought from the guy in NC was cracked.

Neal

Can you just hang a price on it. Interested just dont want to insult anyone by throwing out a number.

Lonnie,

I'll insult him for ya, he's a friend of mine and a good sport too.

$3.50?:tongue:

Neal

Can you just hang a price on it. Interested just dont want to insult anyone by throwing out a number.

Lonnie, I have a few offers on it with PM's, I don't need the money or anything or in a hurry to sell.

I offered it to Archie at GN1 Performance with BMS crank and aluminum rods with the flat top pistons for $1500, I thought that is a far price but I know Christmas is on top of us and money is tight.

Robert,

Looks like a frankenblock to me. I'm sure someone will buy it though. It amazes me sometimes what people will run. I would use it for mock up but not much else personally. You don't have a 3.590" wide journal crank in your stash do ya? The one I bought from the guy in NC was cracked.

Neal

Neal, I would rather use this block then a capped and girdled 109, How many Stage blocks have you seen with the pan rails machined off? It is just the pan rail, nothing to do but hold the oil pan on.

Also, I have been asked if I am up for trades and the only thing I need right now is a Turbo, I like Precision and am looking for 47-88, pro mod, or ????, it would be for a 1400+ HP 280ci.