10 second 87 WE4, 70K miles

Steve

I had this car for sale in the fall of last year and had some serious buyers, but I changed jobs at that time and had to do quite a bit of traveling at first so I had to put the car on the back burner until I had more time to deal with it. I have added a few items since it was last for sale such as a Full Throttle 4" MAF pipe with built in MAF, MAF Translator, and a Alky Control Dual Nozzle Alky system. I also added new wheels. The car is a 70K mile car that has been well cared for its entire life. It is 100% rust free and still has its original paint. I bought the car 2 years ago with 69K miles and a bad motor. The car was pretty close to stock then with just a few bolt-ons and had never been faster than low 13's. The previous owner installed a set of injectors that he thought were 50's but turned out to be 36's and the 36's combined with a chip for 50's caused detonation and is the reason the motor was hurt when I bought it. I had the motor built by an experienced turbo Buick engine builder and the parts used in the build are listed below. The motor has 2K miles on it and transmission has 1.5K miles on it. I went thru the rear also and it has 1K miles on it. It drives like a stocker and could be driven anywhere. I drove it 600 miles in 3 days last year on the Hot Power Tour with no problems at all. The car went 10.76 @ 126 with pump gas/alky on drag radials. When the car went 10.76 it still had the stock MAF and a Devilsown alky system on it. The Deveilsown system was running flat out and worked great but I upgraded to Razor's dual nozzle alky set up so I could crank up the boost a little more. I think the car will run 10.40's fairly easily with just a little more seat time and a little better 60' time. The 10.76 was with only a 1.69 60'. I want $15,900 for the car. Please no low ball offers. I would like to sell it to fund other projects but if I can't get what I want for it I will gladly keep it

109 block with center billet mains
4340 forged crank(internal balance)
JW SFI flywheel
Speed Pro forged pistons
ARP fasteners(mains, rod bolts, and head studs)
208/208 Full Throttle cam
Comp duble roller chain
Ported irons
ATR extrenal gate Stainless DP
Tial 38mm wastegate
Motoron 60's
Accufab billet regulator
Alky Control dual nozzle progressive alky system
TT alky chip and Red's 93 and 107
4" cold air with filter relocated in front of core support
Full Throttle 4" MAF pipe with built in MAF
MAF Translator
PTE front mount(custom stainless piping)
PT-70 P-trim turbo with .63 housing(spools great)
Dual 3" aluminized exhaust, exits in stock location
built 200r4 w/ billet hard parts, red clutches & band(from CK Performance)
Cast aluminum deep trans pan with 4l60 filter
PI Vigilante multi-disc Billet faced converter 3400
Moser axles and Auburn posi in stock 8.5 rear
Walbro 340
F-body aluminum radiator
Aluminum rear drums
aluminum bumper brackets
6 point Chromoly roll bar by www.tydoracecars.com (The roll bar was built so that the back seat is still completely useable)

Attachments

• we4 034.jpg
    we4 034.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 686
  • we4 031.jpg
    we4 031.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 689
  • we4 029.jpg
    we4 029.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 684
  • GNcagesm.JPG
    GNcagesm.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 686
  • GNcagesm01.JPG
    GNcagesm01.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 688
Damned nice!Are those jegs brand prostars?

Thanks! Yes they are. I had a set of Weld Pro Stars on a GN I had a few years back and I loved the way they looked but they got stress cracks in the centers after a while. The Jeg's version is a solid aluminum wheel like a normal aluminum wheel and should hold up great on the street. For me it was a great fit--the look I wanted without the structural problems I had before(and being cheaper didn't hurt anything either!:D )

Here are a few more pics of the car.

Attachments

• we4 042.jpg
    we4 042.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 581
  • we4 040.jpg
    we4 040.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 576
  • we4 037.jpg
    we4 037.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 578
  • we4 036.jpg
    we4 036.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 578
I have received some PM's with questions about things I should have included in the original post so I will add them here. The car is a hard top and is a fairly low option car. It has manual windows and door locks along with a fixed mast antenna(fixed mast from the factory, not a power one that died like all of the power antenna cars I have had:D ) It has aluminum drums and was originally a non-posi car but has an Auburn posi now. I have tons of receipts and paperwork with the car all the way from the original owner. This car has been loved since new and always garage kept. It is not hacked up or butchered in any way. Here are a few pics of the engine before it was installed.

Attachments

• WE4sm2.JPG
    WE4sm2.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 574
  • pics606 237.jpg
    pics606 237.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 574
Nice car, if I didn't have mine I would snatch this up in a heartbeat. Is the cam a roller cam????

Thanks! Its not a roller it is a flat tappet Full Throttle cam. I had the same cam in my WH1 and it ran 130mph in the qaurter with a 45a and some left. This car has more in it I just haven't had time to get it all worked out.

Thanks! Its not a roller it is a flat tappet Full Throttle cam. I had the same cam in my WH1 and it ran 130mph in the qaurter with a 45a and some left. This car has more in it I just haven't had time to get it all worked out.

I just called fullthrottle today to check on my roller cam order....they were backordered on the roller lifters....they said it shipped 4/23/08....can't wait! Good luck with your sale, nice car!

Here is a link to a video with some footage of the WE4 making some passes. It is the one that has the 15" GNX style wheels front and back. It shows up around 6:30 or so and then again later around 14:10. The first pass is a 10.83 @ 126 which you can see on the board. The second pass I got a little carried away on the DR's and it spun and ran either an 11.04 or a 10.97(it ran both that day but I can't remember which pass this was and the scoreboard wasn't working)

1320Video - 2007 Fall Midwest Shootout

Thanks guys!

Here are a few more pics I have had requests for. Thanks

Attachments

• we4 008.jpg
    we4 008.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 428
  • we4 009.jpg
    we4 009.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 430
  • we4 010.jpg
    we4 010.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 431
  • we4 011.jpg
    we4 011.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 424
And a few more.

Attachments

• GNcage 006.jpg
    GNcage 006.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 424
  • GNcage 007.jpg
    GNcage 007.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 425
  • GNcage 009.jpg
    GNcage 009.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 428
  • GNcage 010.jpg
    GNcage 010.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 421
I had request for a pic of the bottom of the doors which is common problem on these cars. This car is 100% rust free. The doors are solid with no issues at all. The car has been well cared for all of its life. The original steering wheel has no fading or peeling like is common. The rear wheel well lips have not been rolled. The rear bars of the cage go through the rear deck in the speakers holes so nothing on the car needed to be cut. I went from 6X9 speakers to 6" round speakers to gives the bars room to go thru the speaker holes and the stereo still works great. I bought the PTE intercooler bare and made the brackets to mount it that uses factory holes that were already present in the car so the car would not have to be modified in any way. You can install and remove the intercooler without removing the grill. The rear seat is still useable. I custom machined a clevis set up so that the cross bar could be removed when not at the track so that it is easier to get in and out of the back seat and so it would be safer for my little girls to ride in the backseat.

Attachments

• we4 012.jpg
    we4 012.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 352
Sale pending, received a deposit today. Thanks for all of the positive comments and PM's.

Thats a nice car and hope the other projects get posted up here when your working on them.

Looks great man

BW

Thats a nice car and hope the other projects get posted up here when your working on them.

Looks great man

BW

Thanks! I hate to see it go and I will miss it, but I have to keep up with my buddies and this car is way to nice to make a race car out of it. WHen I get going on my next project I will post up some pics.