06 Brand X Bash Info

Yeah, looks like I may be installing headers on the TA this w/e instead of racing the GN if there's a strong chance of rain....

2QUIK6 said:
Yeah, looks like I may be installing headers on the TA this w/e instead of racing the GN if there's a strong chance of rain....

I think I will be doing some work at home too.No sense in wasting the weekend to stand in the rain again.

Should have learned our lesson last year,March really isn't a good month for racing in Texas (too wet).IMHO.

sixgun86gn said:
I think I will be doing some work at home too.No sense in wasting the weekend to stand in the rain again.

Should have learned our lesson last year,March really isn't a good month for racing in Texas (too wet).IMHO.
You don't want to be driving that new black car in the rain either :eek: Congrats on the car, I hear the mods are coming soon :biggrin: our wives think we're nuts.
I'll probably make the call to go or not based on the wheather report Friday evening when I get home from work...either get ready to go or start taking the TA apart...

2QUIK6 said:
You don't want to be driving that new black car in the rain either :eek: Congrats on the car, I hear the mods are coming soon :biggrin: our wives think we're nuts.
I'll probably make the call to go or not based on the wheather report Friday evening when I get home from work...either get ready to go or start taking the TA apart...

Yep! Already got a set of long tubes and full exhaust picked out.Wife says only after the kitchen gets finished.....guess I better hurry up!

X bash Update

First I would like to say the event will be held
weather it rains or not. However it will just change
the type of event we will have.

Here is the Senario. I have heard there may be a
possible break in weather saturday (Ya'll know
Texas weather as good as I) but if it does rain the
event becomes a car show/BBQ/Get together and will be
held at the host hotel (the Days Inn) 11 people
(including myself) have rooms there so we can all hang
out together talk buicks sell parts and have a good
time. finally, We can't waste all that great food and
drinks that Frank Brooks and I purchased for this
event. If you have any ideas we can add to mix this up
a little let me know.

This is only in the advent of the track being closed
due to rain.

Anybody care to share a little info on the Noble event....date and time...and where the heck is Noble???...ha

The Buick Ford Shootout in Noble rocks. We lost the tie breaker last year because us Buick guys (including myself) can't drive. We lost by 1 or 2 even though we had a much stronger field of cars even though we were outnumbered. In my elim I was up against a tube chassis full race Fairlane that ran a 9.76 to my 9.8x. That's alright because I think I had the only street car (and only 109 block car for the Buicks) in the top 10. We'll get em next year.

It's at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble OK about 30 minutes south of OKC.

Sounds great man.....What's the date? With your help, maybe my Buick will be roadworthy for the trip. :wink:

The date for Noble the last two years has been Saturday, last weekend in October(Halloween weekend). I'm in.
Mike

Temple Postponed

Well many of you know that the event was called off by the track owners about 11:00 am.

We plan to reschedule the event hopefully some time in September.

Just wanted to say thanks to Phil Green for all his efforts on this event. We had a great lunch (that was awsome) and got goodie bags.

Had a pretty good crown show up for the event just to see it rain around 3 or so.

Thanks again for everything and see you at the rain date.

Rick Kinworthy
LSPBC President '06

Yep the rain sucks! Gota do this in the summer or fall!

Happy motoring :biggrin:

fast86gn said:
Yep the rain sucks!
Looks like the big rains hit east of us, we've gotten 3 inches, lake is still real low..
Oh well, good rainy w/e, at least I got my long tubes installed! Neighbors really liked how loud it was too :D

Attachments

• DSC02613.JPG
    DSC02613.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 133
OOOOOOOOOH! Me likey!

Irving got some serious rain,Grand prairie just west of us got 8" of it.

Glad I stayed home,got my ceramic tile laid in the kitchen and dining area.

Now its just re-sheetrocking,cabinets,countertops,and appliances......then its go go GTO!