03 dyno Queen..? or a problem?

NEARING

:D After seeing all the love I felt the need to post my recent "friendly street encounter" with a friend of a friends 03 Cobra.
NOTE:before anyone gets thier panties in a bunch I'm not putting down the Cobra, It's an awsome new car for the money and I would have one if I could find $650 a month in my sofa :(

A kid I work with has a friend who bought a 03 a few months back
and is always telling him how fast the 03 is and how he kills every car he comes across.
He mentioned my GN to him saying he thought it was a fast car too and he should bring his Cobra down to the drag strip.
His reply was a F&F one with "drag strips are gay and, dont' need to drive 100 miles to beat some old junker".

This sort of made me snicker to my self and I told the kid I work with "I don't blame him, Losing to an old junker with a V6 would suck."

About a week later the kid I work with brings in a dyno sheet from the 03 to work..... 468rwhp/474ftlbs...OUCH! Crow sandwich.

Said his friend just got some drag radials and that he would have a passenger just to make it fair.

Well with this I put 25psi in the QTP's fill the alky tank and drive the nearly 100 miles to work in the GN praying like hell it doesn't rain on the way.

I'm not going into all the details but we went from about a 15mph punch and a 50 punch to 120ish and the results were the same.

Cobra lost and not really even close, Once the boost came in (20PSI) the outcome was not in question!

On the 15 punch he got a half a car on me,(crapy converter) but it didn't last long.

I must say I was releived, after seeing that dyno sheet I was thinking I was going to have to listen to smack until Jr transfered.

He had a passenger (my coworker) with him But I could have had him ride with me, wouldn't made but maybe 2 cars diff, not enough.

How much do the 03's weigh? Alot? as much as a GN? More?!
A 5.0 WITH THAT SORT OF POWER WOULD HAVE SMOKED ME!
I was told he did not miss a shift or spin.
Not that my coworker is an expert by any means but I highly doubt he spun from the 50 punch.
Do they have a crapy power band and need some 4.10's?
Are they ''air finiky?" Temp, humidity ect.
I would have thought with his Hp advantage he would have stormed by at about 90mph.?

I wanted to talk afterward but he didn't.

Dont' know his mods but it was LOUD!
:confused: :confused: