01 GTP - Cracked Sway bar at the ends, is this normal??

On A 2001 GTP
i just had some front end work done and found my Sway bar cracked on both sides on the bottom side right at the end links.
Is this normal for these cars?

What replacement bar do you guys recommend?

thanks

very common on cars with a lot of miles or driven in areas with crappy roads

I have only had to replace 1 on my w bodies but have sold several off them off my parts cars - of course buying a used one is olny buying time.

the GMPP upgraded bars are really popular and there are several aftermarket companies selling bars you can find on sites like zzp ,intense, w body store ,etc..

you can also find a lot of good deals on used gmpp or aftermarket ones on 3800 forums like club gp ,regalgs.org , 3800pro.com ,etc...mostly people demodding before selling or parting out cars

when you do swap out the bar you might want to consider flipping it over while you have it out if you think you may ever intall an aftermarket downpipe or headers on it. The reason is clearance since non factory items tend to hit against the bar , especially if your eng/trans mounts are getting weak and allowing extra movement. This causes false knock which will reduce power via knock retard

Thank you very much for your advice.
i will go with a new one.
This car WILL NOT get any performance upgrades so a good stock replacement will do.

I also need a LEFT (Driver side) axle. Which brand is the better brand to get?
And does the axle just pull out of the trans?

Again the car is staying BONE STOCK.

Thank you very much for your advice.
i will go with a new one.
This car WILL NOT get any performance upgrades so a good stock replacement will do.

I also need a LEFT (Driver side) axle. Which brand is the better brand to get?
And does the axle just pull out of the trans?

Again the car is staying BONE STOCK.

I see people buy reman ones from auto parts stores for the warranty all the time , the warranties generally get a workout though - I trust a good used one more - too many reman ones and china new ones last only months.

once you get the knuckle out of the way the axle should come out with a good pop with a prybar.

I havent had to replace the originals yet in my cars so thats all I have for you but I am sure someone can tell you which of the new/reman options are best.