00012 block for sale?

GBGN1

stroked
Just looking. I've got my engine apart , thought I'd check and see if someone had a spare 3.8 stage block for sale. Std,.010 or .020.
Just to swap parts out into another block. I know the issues with these blocks but was willing to take a chance for a better block.

If you come across this version you should buy it.

siameese bore 3.8 #2.jpg

Otherwise keep your stock block.

Neal

I know your right Neal, Thank you. Its just im kinda hesitant on the 109 . Im thinking the car will make more than 650 at the tire( with the new turbo) and Im scared of hurting the block. 650 -700 is the goal. I think that block (pictured) is a needle in the hay stack. Its funny I havent gotten one message on a block here or on facebook. I guess there all used up. This is the last 3.8 im building. Too bad theres no alternatives.Would have been nice if champion would have come out with that block. Thanks again

I'd just go with the stock block with steel main caps on it. If you end up damaging it replacement blocks are still out there and they don't cost $2500 a pop. As far as Champion making a block I really don't see that happening the market just isn't there.

Neal

Sure, a 109 block is still a cheap replacment. But every time you get one, machine it for a girdle or caps, boring, decking, bearings and assembly a $2500 investment will pay for its self in the long run. Plus you won't hate your car every time the block gives up. And someone just bought a stage 2 block on eBay for $1600.00 that was never ran. Sounds like a better solution to me.

Sure, a 109 block is still a cheap replacment. But every time you get one, machine it for a girdle or caps, boring, decking, bearings and assembly a $2500 investment will pay for its self in the long run. Plus you won't hate your car every time the block gives up. And someone just bought a stage 2 block on eBay for $1600.00 that was never ran. Sounds like a better solution to me.

The standard version of the 3.8 Stage II block casting is problematic in the fact that they like to crack. I have to think it's a metallurgy problem although the casting is thin between the freeze plugs where they like to crack. Some people have had good luck and others haven't. Myself and 3 others I know within 300 miles of my house have cracked them and I know it's not a local phenomenon. There is no way to tell a good 3.8 Stage II block from a bad one if it's new. I was watching the Ebay auction for the block you mentioned and could have bought it but didn't, it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

Neal

I know this is old but did you ever find one?

I was offered a few but they were over priced and the bore was More than I wanted. You can pm me if you know of one. If I was to start from scratch with a stage block I'd prob look for a 4.1 block.