Your car NEEDS braces! Best mod ever!

One thing i always wondered about---the yellow and green lines,arent they the same as the bumpers????

post pics of the chargers and shelby...

Pretty sure I've posted pics elsewhere on this board. There's nothing to really see. The Charger has a few more dents and is burning oil bad. Basically needs to be completely redone again. The Shelby is still in the corner waiting its turn. Might start working on it over Christmas break. Daytona got the snow tires bolted on last night and is ready for winter.

Anyone got some pics of the Gnx style seat brace installed?
Chris
hello; Go to the Tin Mans site as he's got some good pics of a brace. I believe his brace is bolted but you can weld it.
IBBY

Thanks for the info. looks like the lower part of the brace bolts though the floor pan anyone know this to be true if your bolting it on?
Chris

hello; I don't know if the pan brace being bolted thru the floor is true but the tube ones that Kirban sells definitely no. I have them but I think the pan is a better way to go.
IBBY

can us turbo 6 guys use the burgundy braces from core to firewall on our cars does it interfere with anything.

Went bone yard hopping today and found a 86-87 GP that had the front frame cross bar not the others to make the triangle though! core support to fender braces the curved ones and best of all a GNX style rear seat brace! I almost got a chub when i looked in the trunk!:tongue:
Chris

So here is a question now that i have the GNX type seat brace i am going to weld in like the factory did do i need to use the X-type brace or will the GNX by itself be good? I have a new set of X's i never installed yet just dont know if adding them with the other will be overkill.
Chris

So here is a question now that i have the GNX type seat brace i am going to weld in like the factory did do i need to use the X-type brace or will the GNX by itself be good? I have a new set of X's i never installed yet just dont know if adding them with the other will be overkill.
Chris

I think you can use the GNX brace and the top half of the X braces together. I've heard that works. I've been running the standard x braces for a while and no problems.

I guess i would have to install the GNX brace first and see if the other clear it. It is a hard top car that's why i was wondering if two types of braces are needed.
Chris

Both the original factory GNX rear seat brace and the one manufactured and / or distributed by Kenne Bell have been gone for years unless you find somebody that bought one years back and never got around to installing it. The ones sold by Kirbans will do just fine and it has never been proven that the original GNX and / or GNX style rear seat brace is any better.
The under the hood braces are pretty worthless for any improvement towards tightening the frame / body but do wonders for removing some unwanted squeaks and / or rattles.
In addition to Installing all of the frame braces and the rear seat brace, installing the the missing GNX body bushings and any other body bushings also contribute to strengthening the frame / body relationship and avoiding the cracks that will eventually appear over the rear of the front windows, even on a bone stock car. Even a bone stock car will eventually display the cracks over the front windows.
I am running the Kirban front triangulation braces in combination with a PT&E stock location intercooler and 1 of the 3 braces do not have enough room to clear.
I once asked Mark Savitske at Saitvske Classic Custom whether his welded front triangulation brace would clear any of the deep SLIC's and never got a response.
I am also running Kirban springs, Bilstein shocks, GNX & missing body bushings (bushing #'s 3 & 4 or #'s 4 & 5), Savitske front upper stage 2 control arms with the tall ball joints, BMR? rear upper double adjustment control arms, & Global West rear lower control arms with the spherical rod ends at one end and the special bushings at the other end, 16" GNX replica / Pontiac rims with Michelin tires front & rear, & replica ATR rear sway bar.
Planning on changing out the ATR replica rear sway bar and replacing it with the "HRParts&Stuff" rear adjustable sway bar, & switching out the stock steering box with a Lee Performance one.
This is on a 30K mile turbo Buick and it is as tight as a drum in the corners.
FWIW, IMHO, & HTH
Gary, wich one of the braces interfered with the pte slic? Was it the connecting front brace?

Email is for Gary.....here is another neat upgrade you may wanna consider since you are changing the steering box. We sell the refurbished upgraded GM lower steering shaft has metal universal joints at both ends instead of the rag joint. Also the GM upgraded bearing kit for base of your main shaft in our cars GM used a sloppy rubber seal not a metal bearing like they did in the corvettes we sell a lot of those bearings....again just some suggestions...

also anyone reading this thread the other advantage to making these various suspension upgrades is it stiffens the car up keeps the roof from getting cracks and makes everything tighter its like having a new car....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have done similar upgrades to my stock appearing 1987 white turbo T....

By connecting front brace I mean the one that runs along the bottom of the radiator area, just curious if that one can be used with a pte slic, the other two canbe modified..

Yea. I have all three bars and the pte slic. The jounce bars had to pushed outward with short spacers To clear the corners of the slic.