XFI start up?

turbojitsu85

I installed my xfi and it runs great as long as I let the car warm up. It takes a while to crank the engine over on start up then while I drive it until it warms up it stutters and will die. What parameters do I have to work on to correct this issue?

Sounds like cranking fuel is too low, and your afterstart is coming off too fast and your coolant enrichment is not enough.

I'm really new to this xfi I've only driven the car twice since I installed it. What tables do I go to to fix those parameters?

Warm up enrichment vs coolant temp is the main one, and the cranking fuel is the other one for fuel during cranking. Go to the help tab and index read the manual tonight you will learn quick,

OK so from what I read I need to go to my Cranking vs. Coolant Temp graph and increase my pulse with to decrease my cranking time then go to the After start vs. CTS graph and increase my fuel enrichment to keep the car running after start up, and finally go to my After Start Revs vs. CTS graph and lower the set values to decrease the time in which it takes the after start fueling to begin.
I haven't tried this on the car yet so if I'm wrong please correct my mistake.

Sounds good , unless your too rich on your cranking fuel already and it is flooding out making it hard to start.

What kind of numbers would be considered to high or to low? I was thinking making a note of where everything is now then moving each parameter little by little until it solves the issue.

What kind of numbers would be considered to high or to low? I was thinking making a note of where everything is now then moving each parameter little by little until it solves the issue.

As long as you save your current tune you can always go back and either look at it or reload it if you screw it up too bad.

So how exactly do I adjust the graph and where on the graph do I do my adjustments. Is it as easy as it seems just click and pull but where on the bar should I do that? I've saved the current file but I'm not sure how to load it after I mess it up.

All that is in the help file you were reading earlier, but basically you want to move the line at the temps where it was hard to start and it's a good idea to make sure the line has a smooth transition so it make the transition to warm temps smoothly.

Now I'm not looking at my laptop so I won't get this exactly word for word, but to load a different tune you connect to the xfi and click read all (or however it's worded) under the file menu up at the top...this is also the same button you use if you want to look at an old tune when you are disconnected from the xfi.

So these are my original values so what I need to do if I understand this correctly is go from the left to right from the 0 degree temps to higher temps turning things up on the first 2 graphs and down on the last.

Attachments

• xfi fuel start.png
    xfi fuel start.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 206
Just log the right parameter and you can make your decisions based on the logged data, if you don;t log the data, you will be like a fish out of water...........

RPM, KPA, VE, O2 CORRECTION, TARGET AF, ACTUAL AF, CTS.CORR, AFT.CORR, IAC TARGET, SPARK BTDC, COOLANT TEMP, AIR TEMP,PSIA, BATTERY VOLTS ,TPS, BPW

dont 't be shy you can log 24 items at 20 frames a second.........

Weather here has been cold like below 20 lately so I haven't even wanted to look at the car. I know of one person that has the same problem as I do and his car is a 750hp car. He deals with it by letting the car crank once then crank it again and it starts right up.

Probably not enough IAC starting position and starting fuel for the temperature your at.