XFI, rough idle, no A/F, no TPS

I don't know about the Buicks I guess, but we mapped my Dad's TPI Camaro and timing is well into the 30s at cruise and light load. I haven't looked at timing at cruise in the Bu yet as I just use a chip and stock ECM, but I assume it'd be similar; especially on an E85 tune.

Your timing should be the same as a NA motor..until you get under boost........so 35-45 degrees is possible under light load...and cruise.

Doing some comparisons with VE tables and spark tables between my 1.340 and 2.010, the tables are actually farely similar and the new 2.010 is actually slightly leaner in some areas. So, I think I have other issues causing this to go rich once any positive MAP reads. In the MAP AE Parameters, the old set up is slightly different:

AE MAP Limit: 110 OLD 149 NEW
dMAP NOISE: 3 OLD 4 NEW
AE MAP DECAY: 104 OLD 104 NEW

Could the sensitivity of the new ma limit cause this? What does the DMAP NOISE indicate?

I'm still in the process of trying to find anything different that would cause the car to run so poorly now. Most charts are looking similar so far.

Ok a little udate.

I had a couple nice files sent to me to try. Neither worked and gave the same results. So I went back to the original tune and started over, this is the tune that Norbs posted for me earlier. Just for shit's and giggles, I took -10% out of the entire Ve Table four times. Once I did this, the A/F was at 9:1 with less than a percent of O2 correction. To give you an idea what it did with the numbers on the table, bottom left number went from 33 to 22. The entire scale was dropped significantly.

Now I know this still isnt right and is a band aid. But, what could this be caused by? Sensitivity of the large injectors? These are 150's. I took the car out for a spin and I did notice the A/F drop to around 7:1 when I was in the gas but it still ran MUUUCCCCHHHH better than when it wanted to dip to 5:1 of course.

So do i tune around it this way? Or am I way off base?

WOOHOO!!! Gettin there! Starting to feel a lot better about this now. I dont know why but I cant get any tunes to run in the car. I've been lucky to have a few different people look over my tune, send me their tune, etc. BUT, none worked. All ran really fat once I hit the gas.

After playing with the VE Table and taking out 10% fuel a few times, the car ran much better like i posted above.

So, Cal suggested, instead of taking the VE Table down so much, start with just changing injector size in the program to 165. I tried it and it ran pretty lean. So I set it to 160 and HOLY COW, runs great!

Now with the 1.340 set up, I had the injectors programmed at 160 and the car ran great. But when I look up my particular injectors, they are the blue top Bosch 150's.

Not sure what the deal is. These injectors were advertised as 160's but everything online says they are 150's. Either way, it's running good. It will of course need some tuning but at least I feel comfortable enough to take my boy to a car show in it across town.

Here's a log I took, all seems well, but the correction is still going to 10% so it will need some adjustment.

Attachments

• 160injchange.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 74