XFI: New motor-will not start.

I don't know how it could have noise on a hall effect cam sync, but if it's moving around that much it kinda has to. Maybe double check that the inductive cam input is grounded.

To test if the cam sync is a problem, just switch it to bank to bank and see if that helps, it will ignore the cam sync.

Allan, what is your crank reference angle set at? Mine is 55*. and that is what my cam sync in * is also showing on my log ( at least the lower limit), but yours is lower and linear
Mine is 13+45 or 58 degrees. My cam sensor remained untouched from the stock ignition but the actual cam sync angle changed because of the crank ref angle change. So seeing this I would not shoot for numbers seen on the stock ignition.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Allan, what is your crank reference angle set at? Mine is 55*. and that is what my cam sync in * is also showing on my log ( at least the lower limit), but yours is lower and linear
Mine is 13+45 or 58 degrees. My cam sensor remained untouched from the stock ignition but the actual cam sync angle changed because of the crank ref angle change. So seeing this I would not shoot for numbers seen on the stock ignition.
AG

okay so it is a coincidence that my cam sync numbers are the same as my crank reference numbers...

Mike, I will check the grounds once again. I am using shielded cable running directly to the XIM and the ground strap is grounded to the block. In theory it's the best you can do...

I will also try the bank to bank mode for startup to see if infact it is a cam sync issue, and I will try to move around the cam sensor.

Adrian

Well I moved the cam sensor around and got the cam sync down to 33 ish when it fires, but it still will not stay on.

Mike, I tried Bank to bank mode, that didn't do the trick.

When it fires, it goes to 1500rpm, stays there for 1-2 seconds and then looses itself and dies. here is my latest log. Maybe you guys will see something I cannot.

Adrian

Attachments

• startup oct20 p5.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 75
Amateur look..
@ .81 time, TPS never off of 0.0, Inj dc at 0, a/f 15.9
Then, @ 1.5sec in, inj dc= 0, but a/f is really close to commanded. KPA says engine is running.
Guess i don't understand how no inj d/c, no tps, yet it's supposedly running ??

That 10vdc isn't particularly helpful.

I have not had a chance to look at the log yet but if you think about it you got to really bring it down to basics. Take away the fuel or spark and it's going to die. In your situation I'm getting the feel that when you go from start to run one of them is getting killed off. Almost like it's burning off the cranking and after start fuel. Maybe your next step is to put a test light on the injector power wire and observe if it gets power during the start and run event. Next would be the ignition power.
AG