XFI: New motor-will not start.

karolko

I have a new motor setup in the car and am having a hell of a time trying to start the car. I have been unsuccessful thus far.

I have been watching my A/F ration when cranking and it goes to 8.0's during cranking and no matter what I do to the cranking fuel vs coolant temp the A/F ration does not change.

What I want to know is are there any other fuel tables that are being used during cranking mode?

The only other thing I can think of it the motor is not getting enough air ( IAC problem?) thus causing the issue. Is there a physical way I can check the IAC?

Thanks a lot in advance, just scratching my head about all of this.

Adrian

yes, spark, fuel and all that other shit is all in order. It tries to fire, burps and farts sometimes, but she won't take.

If the IAC were a problem, cracking the throttle open with your foot would help it.

What injectors do you have?
Is your battery charged up pretty well. If it's low it could be causing spark and injector issues.

battery was on the charger and I waited between rounds to try to start it, and it's getting a lot of fuel ( 8.0 A/F) plus so I don't think it is a low voltage for the injector problem. ( I also rewired the injector harness and have large gauge wiring going to the injectors directly from the xfi and two power wires directly from the relay ( one power wire per bank) ) I know the wiring works as I had it running in a combo last year

So is the cranking fuel the only table being used during cranking? How about the injector offset vs battery voltage table? does that do anything during cranking?

yes, spark, fuel and all that other shit is all in order. It tries to fire, burps and farts sometimes, but she won't take.
With that much fuel in there something should happen if you have a good spark. If the plugs are soaked it might not fire either. Service engine soon is not lit with key on or during cranking?

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I am running xim and the plugs are new and gapped at 0.030. I get a spark when I arc them across headers to check, and all of them work.

I have a crank position sensor error pop up a couple times, but I was changing the number under the "cam sync proceeds cylinder No" box. but it did not always turn on.

Have you put a timing light on it while cranking to make sure it's somewhere close?

I wouldn't put much faith in that 8:1 A/F reading while cranking. There isn't much air moving while cranking. I'm not sure if battery volt vs. injector offset applies while cranking, but my guess is that it does. That's why having 12V-13V is helpful. It keeps you in the range where there isn't much offset.

yes I had a timing light on it during cranking and it lights up at 30* right were I have it set at, so I know the cam sensor is synced and the crank sensor is working.

I made the mistake of not logging my cranking to see exactly what is going on...Crap

While cranking the stock module will default to the offset which is normally 10 degrees and ignores the cells. With the XIM it will take whatever is in the table and apparently you have it at 30*? If it's more than 20 degrees you are probably fighting the starter when it fires.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

yes I had a timing light on it during cranking and it lights up at 30* right were I have it set at, so I know the cam sensor is synced and the crank sensor is working.

I made the mistake of not logging my cranking to see exactly what is going on...Crap
Is this the first time with the XIM?Is this Cal's setup? Did you setup the crank ref per instructed?
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bison,

I checked my tuen and I have the cranking cells at 10*, so that can't be my problem.

Mike,

XIM is from Cal and I have had it running before with no issues. The only thing I see that is different is my inductive delay ( old one was 96 and new one is set to 40) Do you think that would be enough to cause it not to fire?

Adrian

bison,

I checked my tuen and I have the cranking cells at 10*, so that can't be my problem.

Mike,

XIM is from Cal and I have had it running before with no issues. The only thing I see that is different is my inductive delay ( old one was 96 and new one is set to 40) Do you think that would be enough to cause it not to fire?

Adrian

Is this 2.051 ?? If so, first time running 2.051 ?
AG.

Did you go through all the tables? A lot has changed and needs to be populated.

Read through this from the FAST Forum
AG.

Attachments

• XFI 2.010 to 2.050 update notes 2.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 352
This is a new tune from Cal so I assume everything is up to 2.05 standards.

Adrian

Question, did you flash the box with the latest flash that comes with the 2.05 software?

yes Norbs, I flashed it with b7.

I looked through the checklist that Turbobitt sent and the Spark offset vs. FEC table and the individual cylinder fuel table were not zeroed out, so I am hoping that helps.

I guess my question would be, if the above two tables were not zeroed out, would it cause the car not to start.

I am overseas right now so I am trying to figure out what my issue is while I am away, so unfortunately I am unable to test these things foe another 2 weeks. :(

Possibly but I would also confirm there is an ignition strategy checked off as well. This is a big one.