Won't fire

romale92

Hi Guys new to the sight so im kinda dumb on these cars. I recently put in a new engine and the car ran sweet. A month later due to over boosting I blew a gasket. I pulled the heads and replaced them . It crunk and ran fine, but then it cut off while ideling and I cant get a spark back. I purchased new crank sensor, egnition module,coil pack, and caspers cam sensor cap. My problem is I cant get the light on the new cam sensor to cut off. It seams it always sees the window. Ive taken the cam sensor drive completely out and plugged the cap to the wiring harrness to get power . I turned the gear end of the drive a complete revolution but it never cuts off. I tried this cap with a cam tool to check it and it works properly. Please help .

Won't Start

After I pulled the cam sensor drive and turned the gear end by hand to see if the window was turning .It was turning properly.I even checked the ccci , engine , and all other fuses under the dash.

Won't Start

I also noticed before I pulled the cam sensor drive from the engine when I tried to start the car I wouldnt see any readings in the scanmaster.It would only show the 2.1 on the screen.

I also noticed before I pulled the cam sensor drive from the engine when I tried to start the car I wouldnt see any readings in the scanmaster.It would only show the 2.1 on the screen.

Sounds like no ecm power. Check the connector on the orange wire by the battery.

Won't Start

I checked the orange ecm wire on the ecm end with an ohm meter and its saying 12 volts.

Have you check the grounds? It may just be that?
If you have already got it fixed let us know what it was.

wont start

Hey guys I figured it out. Turns out I have a wire pinched in the loom that goes to the ignition module. I did a good search over all of the wiring harness and noticed a pinched spot on the green wire in the ignition module harness which I may have done while installing head gaskets. I reconnected it and gave her a few turns and it fired up. I would like to thank you guys for all the feedback that you gave to help on this problem.