wiring a Nitrous system on a Turbo Buick

Keep in mind that if you use it only to spool at the line, it opens up a whole new world of turbo tuning possibilities.
You can play with larger turbine wheels and housings to lower exhaust back pressure, increasing top end performance.
You can go with a tighter torque converter to decrease TC slippage on the top end, increasing top end performance.
With the increased top end performance, you might have to change tire size or gearing.

id love to go back to the 3.08 gears that i use to have in the car.:D
but in all seriousness i am only looking for a single miracle 10.99 and regular mid to low 11ns.
I KNOW N2O is not needed for this but i just want to try it anyway.

what is your combo? if your looking for 4 tenths it may already be there.
206/206 roller
bigger valves
a little pocket porting
62MM Throttle body
TE6031
Dutt neck
42.5 injectors
PowerPlate
9.5 3200 LU
Built trans
3.42s
TT 5.7
Alky
a really bad tune (Bad meaning Bad not bad meaning good) LOL

Seriously even if the 4 tenths are there id still like to try the N2O

7.4# launch
19.5# by the time 1-2 gear timing kicked in - TT Alky timing delay
and creeping to 24.2# by the end of the run

not enough boost through the entire run.i had the timing delay removed and it made a big difference on my car,but you need more boost and full boost through all the gears.

i have a Nitrous system (small shot 25-75 HP) and i want to wire it to activate the instant i go WOT at low to zero boost and for it to shut off at a preset boost level(lets say 10-15PSI), What would be the best way of doing this?

I was thinking (first mistake) about using an adjustable boost activated switch.???

Don't need Nitrous just want it.

The ISAC would do this handily.

I have used NOS on a stock HA T Type. Other than a Kenne Bell NOS chip, ATR 2 1/2 Downpipe and an K&N filter, I ran 14.90's. I started slowly with a 35 shot off idle, and picked up 13.98. I upped to a 50 shot and dropped to 13.50's. I got the nerve to spray 100hp and I ran 12.70 @106. I stopped at 100 hp. This was in 1990. Most HA were running 14-13 secs. I did not want to grenade my engine. My buddy had a 87 and he was running 11.80-90 consistantly with a 150hp NOS kit. I had the same Buick kit I just took the nozzle and mounted in the back of my HA intake. All runs were on 110 Turbo Blue gas. Ironically, I still had a the 150 shot I could have ran:). The "Mad Scientist" Donnie Wang has inspired me to look again at running NOS.... This time I am going to use E85 and get Eric @ turbo tweak to cut me a E85/NOS chip. I am exploring fuel options with either a Deutchwerks in the tank and a booster pump for NOS or a Double Pumper set up.

We even ran it on a 83 Carbed T Type. We got a 175hp shot to run 11.70's... It took 2-3 years of trial and error...:eek:. We had ported the heads and intake. We had a Kenne Bell TX cam. We also used a Holley Blue pump with regulator. The Carb was a 1000 cfm Rochester modded by the Carb Stop.... This car was a nightmare...at top of 3rd gear... the car would take wings...

NOS is good... if you DON'T GREEDY...

The ISAC would do this handily.

i started thinking about the ISAC again but sortta shied away since the links on Shane and Jay's signature are NO good.
do you have the software?
could i download it and play with it like the PL?
thanks

i started thinking about the ISAC again but sortta shied away since the links on Shane and Jay's signature are NO good.
do you have the software?
could i download it and play with it like the PL?
thanks

Shane still has a few of the original units left. I have the SW if you need it (JayC, Shane, OK to share?) This function is described in the installation manual too check the sticky's in this section.

What you're looking for is the window switch function.

Shane still has a few of the original units left. I have the SW if you need it (JayC, Shane, OK to share?) This function is described in the installation manual too check the sticky's in this section.

What you're looking for is the window switch function.

Any word yet ?

Nitrous on at wot until 8psi,then methanol on at 10 psi 35 shot .WOT switch,hobbs switch,arm switch and manual override activation button.
IMG_20110903_181534.jpg
IMG_20110903_181336.jpg
IMG_20110903_181534.jpg

I ran nitrous a few times last year to race at a local event. It basically was a band aid for my engine that desperately needed rings and I didn't have time to replace them. I use a gen7 dfi ecu for engine management. You can pick them up for less than $1000 now. It has an awesome nitrous controller. Its actually 3 stages. It will add the fuel based on what info you input.
It asks what the orifice size is, bottle pressure, etc... It has out puts that will turn on the solenoid. So, basically all you need is a nitrous feed and no fuel. I even helped a friend get his car to work on one of these setups too. We had instant success.
If you go that route, I can help. Just think...no more chips, no wot switches, no fuel solenoid, just load in whatever tune to turn off or on, no guess work on how much fuel....BC the ecu formulates all that. Plus the gen7 Nos controller has safety features....it will turn off the Nos based on what limits you enter such as a rpm high and low, wideband a/f limit, voltage, timers, etc... On the timer subject, that's another cool feature. You can have it come on a certain time after you leave the line just in case traction is an issue.
That's my .02.

Some info that i found.
please feel free to correct anything that needs to be corrected.
1- Use the bottle warmer WITH a blanket-make sense to keep in the heat.
2- Pull 2* of timing per 50 hp of juice??
3- I can run the NO2 line out of the trunk and under the car??
Not going to use it anytime soon BUT i am going to start installing this onto the car this week so when the time comes its ready to go.
talk to me guys and thanks for your help.