Will this work? 11.5

richburke03

87 GN unopened motor with 10k miles. Currently have walbro 340, afpr, rjc 3'' down pipe, test pipe, 3'' crossflow exaust, 60lb injectors, bilstein shocks, scanmaster, boost gauge, knock gauge., MT ET street radials

If I upgrade to a jimmys full trans with a dusty 9.5 lock up, akly kit, new valve springs and a 5858 turbo and a powerlogger.

Should I be able to run consistent 11.5's ?????????

Depends how much that convertor slips unlocked.
What Scooby said.
You will need a good convertor, for a lock up Dave Husek has a really good product, worth giving Dave a call. The PTC non lock up, from what I have read is the choice, if you go the non lock up route. If you can get a 5858 with a garret housing, you may be able to use the stock convertor, not sure on that. Have not seen very much on the 5858. Bison is the goto guy for figuring and getting you a great combination. I've run the time in my sig with the stock convertor. I have Dave's 3021, but no track time yet. It is a very tight 9.5 lock up. The track number will tell how well it works.

You need valve springs and a new timing set before you start beating on it.

Also, new rocker buttons and a roller cam button too.

87 GN unopened motor with 10k miles. Currently have walbro 340, afpr, rjc 3'' down pipe, test pipe, 3'' crossflow exaust, 60lb injectors, bilstein shocks, scanmaster, boost gauge, knock gauge., MT ET street radials

If I upgrade to a jimmys full trans with a dusty 9.5 lock up, akly kit, new valve springs and a 5858 turbo and a powerlogger.

Should I be able to run consistent 11.5's ?????????
Parts wise it's close,like stated the converter is a bid deal I'm assuming it's a ptc 9.5 nonlock?you will need to be able to tune the car and be able to drive it to get consistant 11.5s.with that being said run the car off the ebrake find the leave point where the car hooks and puts down enough power to 60ft in the 1.5/1.6 range and you will have your slip.tires/suspension, motor tune and seat time.its not as easy to run mid 11s as you will find some get lucky some work very hard at it.

One of our locals went 11.01 at 123 with a 6131 and an off the shelf 2800 PTC NL convertor with a good set of heads. MPH tells me the convertor was coupling pretty well. The 5858 should be a good match for an off the shelf 2800 PTC NL. Convertor choice will make a or break a combination. Torque convertors should be required reading.