Why is my GN so slow???

LookingforaGN

I am a newer owner of a 87 GN have had it now about a year here are the specs on the car to what I have done and to what the person before me has done

Trying to get this thing into the mid to low 11's

Was only able to click off a 13.7 in the 1/4 with a 2.0-2.1 somthing 60ft

Please Help

Stock Block
Stock internals rod,crank ect.
Stock Turbo
Stock Trans, stock converter
Stock Rearend with 3.42s or whatever stock is
Stock injectors as to what I can see/tell
I belive a 206/206 cam
some 14" K&N Cone filter
TH 3" DP
3" Single Shot exhaust from Cottons
MSD wires
Boost was at 20psi from adjusting the rod on the wastgate
adjustable reg. at 45-48psi
Red armstong fuel pump with no hot wire (I know I need to do that)
Scanmaster 2.0 but not sure if I was getting any knock :confused: I think I was
Mickey Tompson drag radials 255/60/15's on the rear

Thanks, Dan

Thats alot of boost for 93 octane, hit the recall button on the scanmaster and check for any knock.

Well as I read it I have it on the O2 setting and the number to the right is how much knock I am getting right? Sorry I am new to this I had a 1999 Camaro but that was taken from me due to a 87 year old man at 9:45 at night 8(

Thanks, Dan

Hitting the recall button to the right will display any knock numbers recorded on the run, pressing both the left and right buttons at the same time will display the mph that the knock occured.

Now that I think about it because this was yesterday I was at the track I did have alot of know so what do you think I should turn the boost down too? with what I have in mods ect

Thanks, Dan

You must tune the car for NO knock, like I said 20 lbs. of boost on 93 octane is asking for trouble. Try and lower the boost to about 15-16 lbs. and make a run and check for knock and see how that does, if theres no knock you can raise boost 1 lb. at a time and go from there. Get the hotwire kit on your fuel pump also, what chip is in the car now?

That is the sad thing I think it is stock but really, I have no clue as to what is in there :confused:

Thanks, Dan

My advice... Post where you're located and see if there is anyone that can assist you with the tuning, etc...

K.

You really have to find out what chip is in the car, pull out the ecm and check it out.

You're trying to run 11's on stock everything????? on 93 pump gas???

You've got a steep learning curve in front of you!! Learn what knock is, and how to avoid it, or you'll be replacing head gaskets-a-plenty!! Hopefully you wont "window" your block.

You're running about right for what you have and the lousy 2.0 60' times.

Can't just buy one of these cars and take it to the track and hammer on it! Hang around here and read read read! You are driving a ticking time bomb running that kind of boost on pump gas. We aren't trying to scare you here, just want to save you the aggravation of taking apart a car you just bought.

Do a search on scanmaster and read how to use it. Go here and read ...... Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Find out what you have for a chip, if it isn't a Turbo Tweak get rid of it and get a new one here. TurboTweak Home At this point you would want the 5.6 chip.

When I tuned my first turbo car I never got past 13.40 with stock injectors. I put blue top (36lb) injectors and dropped to 12.50 first pass. I also had a red armstrong 108 chip with turbo blue 110 octane gas. Red also makes a 93 octane chip but I would advise against running so much boost unless you have alky. I got my first car down to 12.25 with a stock turbo,blue tops, adjustable fuel regulator , boost about 23 psi with 110 octane. The car will definatley go 12's. You just need the right combo and tune.

Can't just buy one of these cars and take it to the track and hammer on it! Hang around here and read read read! You are driving a ticking time bomb running that kind of boost on pump gas. We aren't trying to scare you here, just want to save you the aggravation of taking apart a car you just bought.

Do a search on scanmaster and read how to use it. Go here and read ...... Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Find out what you have for a chip, if it isn't a Turbo Tweak get rid of it and get a new one here. TurboTweak Home At this point you would want the 5.6 chip.
mark hueffman has great advise about the turbo tweak chips. It is increadable how much you can do with one for such a reasonable price.

Thanks guys I will read up more, I just got back from turning the boost down and seeing what the numbers are and here is what I got

@16lbs. of boost my O2 was at 804 and 10.5 retard degs. @WOT my tps. is at .46 closed and 4.76 ish

And it has the stock chip in it

What else is there that is making me get knock
I just put on new coil,wires and plugs and that pump but hotwire

Thanks, Dan