Who's running T/A block in Calif?

Larry

I understand Duttweiler built a T/A motor, inc the T/A heads and its being run in Calif. Can anyone Id the guy or would you have any input on how its been running? Larry

Larry,

Here is what I know about the TA engine Duttweiler built. The engine was built for Gene Bruno. He lives somewhere in So Cal. I see him at the track on a rare occasion. Originally they freshened up his Offcenter Stage II motor and installed a pair of prototype TA heads. They cracked the original Stage block on the dyno.

The engine was disassembled and re-built using the TA block. Once they ran it again it made just shy of 1200 H.P. with 2 T-66's on it . I don't know if the engine is back in the car or if it has been to the track but it is an all TA motor and it definately doesn't have Champion heads on it.

Neal

That's funny, I spoke with Duttweilers a few weeks ago and was told directly that the motor had a freshened up pair of Champion heads on it. :confused: Apparently, there were problems with the TA heads, not to mention there weren't any valve covers that would fit.......

PS. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last nite..... :cool:

Originally posted by JCotton
That's funny, I spoke with Duttweilers a few weeks ago and was told directly that the motor had a freshened up pair of Champion heads on it. :confused: Apparently, there were problems with the TA heads, not to mention there weren't any valve covers that would fit.......

PS. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last nite..... :cool:
Jack- its not that hot up there- what are you doing at a Holiday Inn? Nahhh- I don't want to know :eek: .I know Mike is working on valve covers, but for my motor I sent my stock covers and spacer plates. Mike machined those to fit.
In regards to Gene Bruno, sure would be nice to hear from him. You would think he would be anxious to fill us in on his experience. Neal- thanks for the input. Larry

Like Neal stated, it ran on the dyno with first run production TA heads and a stock intake. Ken's comment was that it made more HP with a stock-type intake than any Buick he has done!:)

As far as valve cover "problems", the TA and Champion covers will fit the TA heads. Like Larry said, his stock ones with spacers need relief to fit as he also has large diameter springs/retainers.

The plot thickens...

Guy's,

What I stated is what I know about the project. If the heads have been changed it's a new one on me. There seems to be alot of black bag stuff going on so who knows where the truth lies.

Neal

Right on Neal, no doubt, not sure of the cloak and dagger here, but it is what it is. Everyone and everything goes through growing pains, thats reality. Nothing negative about it, just the way it is. Larry asked a question about the car that was actually running in Ca., not about the motor that ran on the dyno. Seems there is some confusion about what is actually being driven on the street or track....... Seems Nick is talking about an entirely different subject, a S2 off center with TA heads...... ? to repeat the original question:

"I understand Duttweiler built a T/A motor, inc the T/A heads and its being run in Calif. Can anyone Id the guy or would you have any input on how its been running? Larry"

We seem to only get bits and pieces from those in the know but not the full story, maybe someone with first hand info can actually fill in the blanks......... I have only repeated what I was told by Duttweillers, actually I didn't repeat everything, just what I thought was pertinent to the topic.

Jack,

I honestly believe that we are all talking about the same engine here. Not sure what the current head/block configuration is. Originally it was an Offcenter Stage II block with prototype TA heads as I stated above. Then an all TA engine and now, who knows? I can do some checking around and if any other details surface I'll let you know.

Neal

Nick is talking.......

............ Seems Nick is talking about an entirely different subject, a S2 off center with TA heads...... ? to repeat the original question:

"I understand Duttweiler built a T/A motor, inc the T/A heads and its being run in Calif. Can anyone Id the guy or would you have any input on how its been running? Larry" ........

No, I am NOT talking about a S2 off center with TA heads.

I am talking about a TA block I sent to Dut to replace a S2 block that was cracked during dyno runs. It was built with TA heads which were on the S2 broken block.

This is the same car/motor/owner about which Neal and Reggie have also made comment.

We have responded to Larry's original question unless there is another car in CA? The one TA motor we built and sent to CA a few months ago has not yet been installed last I heard.

Maybe there is another car/TA motor in CA?:confused:

Originally posted by SpoolinByU
I am able to get pics and info on this car if wanted.
If you can get them- Id like to see them. Any bolt on specs would be great. Larry