Whos from Chicago area?

glenview,il

I"m in glenview.

The 85 gn is in the garage for rebuilding. I'd be ashamed to drive it at this point. :mad:

In the meantime I have a 98 grand prix gtp, no badges, w/ digital horsepower stickers on the side windows.....

I'm in and out of loren buick probably once a week. It appears they still have a GN in their show room.... :eek:

Hey Charles. How's it going. I just run into you on all the club forums. I'm Ken Moser from the STLCGP. I have the white 96 Bonneville SSEi with the DHP computer in it. Just so you know the car is running awesome. I am looking to buy a TR real soon. Talk to you later

Ken

hey!

ahha, how can i forget that! Mr. do a 30 foot burnout after receiving explicit instructions to be nice to the car .

I'm glad to hear the car is running good. How's everyone else down there.

BTW, tell Mr. Monte I'm ready for him :)

Originally posted by not-rdy
Hey Charles. How's it going. I just run into you on all the club forums. I'm Ken Moser from the STLCGP. I have the white 96 Bonneville SSEi with the DHP computer in it. Just so you know the car is running awesome. I am looking to buy a TR real soon. Talk to you later

Ken

Everybody is doing good. You should see it now since the weather has cooled the ground. Anything below 20 mph. and it will smoke the tires all the way though first gear. Good thing it's my wifes daily driver instead of mine. I will let Bill know right now.

Ken

Rolling Meadows Friday night cruise

I live in Palatine, getting a Stage II car to transform my `87 Silver T, and the wife says no roll bar( which the Limited has), so I`d hate to cut it out. I like the color combination of my T and will sell the donor car less what I need,and or the stock 3.8 out of my T when I finish swaping.

The "Donor" car is a rust free`86 limited from Texas, dk blue w/saddle "pillow" buckets,half console(column shift),loaded.a/c, pw, pl,ect. The car has a roll bar, notched rear frame, converted to look like a Regal,(Flat hood,chrome rocker trim, hubcaps) A real sleeper car. The car should be delivered by the end of Feb. if your interested I want to get the car running to my liking with either a Gen7, or a FAST system. Then I`ll be ready to deal, might not be until the fall. Depends how much time I have.
You guys should check out Rolling Meadows on Friday nights, as soon as it`s warm enough there will be cars there. Plenty of parking, usually around 300-400 cars show up. It`s on Kirchoff about 3/4`s of a mile east of Rte. 53.
See ya around,
Jim

Any of you guys interested in heading out for a days fishing on the Lake, check out my site:
Lucky Dog Charters

Hey Guys,

6Banger, I have some friends and we have been looking at charter boats, I saw yours through the Illinois Charter Boat Information. How far out do you have to book a day usually?

Charles, I have sent you emails in the past about DHP for my 97.5 GS. Are you guys still doing those for a 97.5?

My GN is going to be sold tommorrow, sad day but I just can't let it sit in the garage and not get driven. It was my daily driver for three years and treated me wonderfully, I park it and it seems to have gotten very tempormental. It must be trying to tell me something.

Darren,
The boat won`t be in the water until April 1st and the coho usually aren`t that far north until later that month or early May. I have some spring weekends open as well as summer for the "Big-Un`s";) For fellow gearheads I can always make time, just give me a call when you think you might want to go out.
Take care,
Jim

Lucky Dog Charters

this is kinda late but i thought id throw my comment in. its kinda funny to see some of you on here. and didnt even know you were here.

MJRWOOD - i hang out with you almost every week in crystal lake. i have the beat ass black monte carlo, that usually is chasing down any g-body in sight, or has a group of them folling me.

BlackBuick84 - i already know you, and vise versa.

jon-we4 - ive talked to you before in a chat room somewhere.

Devil Gn - dont know ya, but probably seen ya at doty rd, or shuamburg.

twin 93 svt - chitownracing is all i have to say, ill see ya around

o ya im from ya up north in lake villa. and for anyone in here interested i currently run the G-body Club of Northern Illinois, and you are all welcome (as long as you have a g-body) to fill out a apllication to join, and its free. blackbuick84 is 1 of the 47 members in the club. please check out our site first then go to the join the club page if you are still interested. hope to see more of you guys out there this year. www.stroked57.com/GCNI. mind you it is still under heavy construction and testing.

CCGSCA Meeting

There is a club meeting today up at ANS this morning hope to see all your smiling faces there today and man it's freezing out there.
The meeting starts at10 and Paul Ferry will be there and Mike Phillips from AMP. And not to over look our host Pete.

Steve:cool:

I'm heading over to ANS in a few hours! Will be there ~9:30. Gonna get me some Chili! Also hoping Pete has some specials running.

Ya DOM ill be at D**Y RD tonight with the crew if anyone else is there come by and say hi....

Nice night for racing, I saw alot of nice cars, some good races. Rice boys were out with a vengeance too:rolleyes: . Should be a good turnout at dody!!!;)

ya i went down last night/ this morning. i saw 1 GN, and 2 montes there. i was in a white 91 GTA, and was hanging with the gurnee crew. we had a Gs-t eclipse, a lightning, the GTA, a v-6 camaro, a black civic, and a duramax, which is only for hauling race gas and slicks all the way down. i didnt get home till 7:15 this morning. but i got some really good video to add to our "getting stupid north side style" video. too bad nothin got to go down till 3am, well at d at least. did you go to that store to see any runs?

the GN you saw may have been mine I (my 86 has tints on the rear and quarter panel windows) got there around 1am and sure enough around 1:25-1:30 cops came (i guess they just left there around 15 mins earlier) again me and my buddy in a tahoe just left and we stayed gone. I figured they would come again so I didnt want to take any chances. :(

i am in mount prospect with a 84 gn:cool:

rolling medows is cancelled because they are going to put a dairy queen in the middle of the parking lot. so look for the dominick's down the street or the kmart on golf and algonquin

Local Car shows

There are a few decent weekly car shows in DuPage Co. Let me list them as I would like to see more GN's "represent" at the shows.

Wed: Elmhurst - York Rd. and train tracks (300 cars)
Fri: Downers Grove - Main St. and train tracks (200 cars)
Sat: Lombard - St. Charles and train tracks (300 cars)

Yep my GN will be right down the street from Cars Under the Stars (elmhurst show) as it's still torn apart:mad: .

...in all seriousness the elmhurst show is usually pretty good, me and my dad go alll the time as he lives about 6 blocks away, and whenever we see any fellow TBer's we try to stop and chat!!;)