Who Sprays Nitrous?

I am running 18* on third with Alky and E85. How much lower?

Loaded question.. nobody but you can answer that ... It's YOUR car that has a specific setup ... dont expect a exact answer for you to set it too.. figure it out on your own for the best results

I am hoping to do some testing first of may with the new setup. With the addition of nitrous I wanted to separate the banks for closer monitoring via egt analog outputs so I'm switching from the driver side feeding passenger side log manifold to a collector style that remains separate until entering the turbo. Just have to finish the cross-over tube and she ready to start tuning.

Attachments

• IMG_20150329_135410_439.jpg
    IMG_20150329_135410_439.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 270
This is the last setup I'm building for my car. This is like the 3rd or 4th setup I've had on this car. It just takes too long to build these things and I'm missing out on cruises and races. Would had liked to make rod run this year with the mustang since I wasn't able to take it last year. I have still yet to set the nitrous up. I want to get the boost tune in line before I go adding nitrous.

Attachments

• IMG_20150407_193912_135.jpg
    IMG_20150407_193912_135.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20150407_194037_973.jpg
    IMG_20150407_194037_973.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 307
Humm, your setup looks like a Buick setup :). Nice setup. I hope you can get that Stang running 9's on spray...:p;)

Humm, your setup looks like a Buick setup :). Nice setup. I hope you can get that Stang running 9's on spray...:p;)
Thanks man. I hope it runs the number also. Been a long time coming with this setup. A lot of set backs and learning to tune the thing. I had a guy help with a base toon and it was crap so had to start all over. Now I'm doing it all on my own with my own tricks I've picked up over the past 2 years.

OP, the turbo on there now is a S366, T4 housing? Why not order the .91 twin scroll housing and build a quick spool valve for it?

OP, the turbo on there now is a S366, T4 housing? Why not order the .91 twin scroll housing and build a quick spool valve for it?

Wont let me upload the images but I'm already working on that. So far I've got around $100 in materials including the housing and the drill bit I need.

Wont let me upload the images but I'm already working on that. So far I've got around $100 in materials including the housing and the drill bit I need.
Ok cool, if you wouldn't mind sharing the results, someone else I know has this turbo on a little Chevy 3.1 hybrid and its a dog until 4K rpms. Runs 13.0 at 114 mph lol. Ive been trying to find someone that has built a DIY quick spool valve with this turbo on a similar combo. Thanks

Right now with the 88 ar on it mashing the gas at 3000rpm it spools in .70-.80 second. In neutral and little load on the engine I can build 1 psi on the 2 step at 2800rpm. I'm told the spool valve is good for 300-400rpm quicker spool. I will definitely share my results when my "variable turbine ar" completed.

A little update to this... This s366 is a bad little bitch! On pump gas boost the car managed to knock off a 6.82 @ 103mph. Sprayed a 35 shot and the car went 6.76 @ 106mph. Then got rained out. I have to be real careful on adding nitrous on my setup because that little 35 shot increased boost by 2psi. Luckily I added 3 gallons of vp 110 for a 50/50 mix ratio. Also weighed the car at a hefty 3420 with me in it on some truck scales.

Think I may step up to the 50 shot on my next trip because I think there is a lot more in this combo on boost alone. No need to get crazy with the jetting...yet:D The nitrous is just a band aid for a tight converter for now.

Congrats. I knew you were on the RIGHT TRACK... 6.82 from a V6 Ford aint BAD :). Picking up .6 on a 35hp shot aint bad either.... Are you using Alky Injection? I believe that you could step up to a 75hp shot before you would have to make some SERIOUS mods... Again, congrats and keep up the Great work...