Who Sprays Nitrous?

20psiofevil

Do you spray wet or dry? What type of et and mph gains did you see on what size shot? How do you jet it with the fuel pressure rise with boost? How is your kit activated?

Picked up a nx proton kit and plan to spray it into the low 6's. Cant wait to get this sucker going. Engine now makes around 520rwhp on pump gas 93oct and plan to spray 35-75hp on top of this on vp110 race fuel. I think 50hp is going to be a real kick with the tq the nitrous makes.

Yes, I do/did.. A Proton kit 70 shot with a button and never held it more then 5sec. I really wanted it for at the end of the 1/4 mile.. I really never had the chance to grab it with this motor.. This motor makes easy 650 to the tire and over 600 TQ.. The car is now as I type over at Brian's place where he built me a pretty mean stroker motor and said with this motor you are not going to need that button any more this is going to be a monster!!! I will post up the dyno session in a couple of weeks...

35-75 HP? Why not just turn up the boost?
Spool mainly. The choice was a trans brake or nitrous. My converter works pretty good but this bw turbo takes forever to come onto boost while on the 2 step. I had a full mvb on this car before and did not like it. Plus I've got the kick downs, lock up, and shift points tuned pretty good as is.

This is how I'm going to wire it in off a relay. Master arming switch for main power supply, key on power source is going to come from my brake light switch (this also activates my 2 step along with tps voltage), activation from a wot fan switch, and wiring in an adjustable boost deactivation switch from edelbrock. In addition wiring in a push button switch for when I want the extra kick. I've got it all in my head just need to sit down and write down the schematic on paper.

Yes, I do/did.. A Proton kit 70 shot with a button and never held it more then 5sec. I really wanted it for at the end of the 1/4 mile.. I really never had the chance to grab it with this motor.. This motor makes easy 650 to the tire and over 600 TQ.. The car is now as I type over at Brian's place where he built me a pretty mean stroker motor and said with this motor you are not going to need that button any more this is going to be a monster!!! I will post up the dyno session in a couple of weeks...

Did you ever run it at the track with the nitrous? Good luck on the new motor btw...

Never at the track, but on the street 50ish and lower it would just crush the tires...

It's the" harder on the motor part" I would have a problem with.
The earlier peak tq is made the harder it is on the engine parts. Peak tq made @ 4000rpm will have more cylinder pressure than an engine that makes peak tq @ 5000rpm if both are producing the same tq number. But that aside 50hp pill is not a lot of nitrous. Think of what's going on inside a twin screw car that will make peak tq at 2800rpm. To me the tq from nitrous is similar to what a pd blower produces.

But that aside 50hp pill is not a lot of nitrous.
rethink that,a 35 shot on my car took nearly a 1/2 second off in the 1/4 mile spraying all the way,the 50 shot was even better.the stuff seems to be worth a lot more of a turbo car.

rethink that,a 35 shot on my car took nearly a 1/2 second off in the 1/4 mile spraying all the way,the 50 shot was even better.the stuff seems to be worth a lot more of a turbo car.
Good to know! I sprayed my procharged car with a 50hp pill and it made the car .5 faster in the 8th. Mph gain was like 5mph. Been a very long time and cant remember the exactly.

yup a great power adder it actually delivers the power.not like bolting up a bigger turbo and going slower till you add all the other things to make the turbo work;)

Do you spray wet or dry? What type of et and mph gains did you see on what size shot? How do you jet it with the fuel pressure rise with boost? How is your kit activated?

Picked up a nx proton kit and plan to spray it into the low 6's. Cant wait to get this sucker going. Engine now makes around 520rwhp on pump gas 93oct and plan to spray 35-75hp on top of this on vp110 race fuel. I think 50hp is going to be a real kick with the tq the nitrous makes.

75 wet kit and never look back ... works great ... on E85 its a real tickle :)

You guys running wet 35 or 50 shots what did you do to the tune? How much timing pulled?

Anybody running alky & N2o?