Where are the twins?

It is finally coming together:biggrin:

This is a perfect time as any to say this;

Jay has been working on trying to bring this twin kit to the community for a long time. Luckily we hooked up and between us got this thing going. We searched for a fabricator for a long time. We were sent in the direction of a fellow TR owner and board member. Contacted him and the rest is history. I would really like to thank him for his effort and countless hours he has put into the kit for us. He wishes to stay anonymous for right now, if he changes his mind I will post his name as he deserves alot of credit... Hats off to him though for some beautiful work.....

Now comes the next hard part of fitting everything up making any necessary changes and making it as installer friendly as possible. Alot of work still to be completed as we finish up, we have some cool options to look at on several key issues:biggrin: . Jay will have the car for a few weeks installing and double, triple checking everything. Jay is a mad man and will not except anything short of perfection:cool:

This kit will be installed on one of my 87 GN's. It is going in the car in my avatar!

O Yeah, it will fit with A/C and all other accessories:biggrin:

Paul you may have already seen this but this is what has trickled in so far.
Sorry for the bad pics. Just finishing up here for the night at 12:30. Had the shop lights off until I saw your request.

Ummm I think I am in love...

Wow :eek: I love those headers they look like top quality welding and heavy duty tubes, when will this be all put together and how much is it going to cost, also what fuel management will work with this setup, can you use the standard ECU to work with twins?, I know, I know to many questions, but I would love to have twin stockers on a stock block with steel caps, setup for 20psi and terrorize everyone on the streets :)

Brutus

Until we find someone to mass produce it, I cant really say about cost.

I do think the stock ECM could be used with with the MAF moved to the throttle body so you'd need a Translator and a LT1 MAF.. the test car we're going to install this stuff on has a Translator Pro on it which is probably what Im going to end up recomending people use that dont have a FAST, BS3, etc.

Until we find someone to mass produce it, I cant really say about cost.

I do think the stock ECM could be used with with the MAF moved to the throttle body so you'd need a Translator and a LT1 MAF.. the test car we're going to install this stuff on has a Translator Pro on it which is probably what Im going to end up recomending people use that dont have a FAST, BS3, etc.

Looks neat, I think the PRO setup would work good for this... I like mine.

If you need some dyno tests on a stock motor 10k mile motor, let me know. I'm still in the air on a turbo/header/IC combo. :cool:

Well.. my whole goal with this deal is to have one product that you can bolt on that gives massive horsepower without having to go nuts with others mods.

I think that this setup with two stock turbos will spool with a stock converter, probably be great with a 2800 stall converter and have 0 chance at traction with a 3500.

Ive seen that in action. We put the previous kit on a 109 block with ported iron heads, two stockers and an Art Carr 16390 and it blew a set of 29.5x10.5 slicks away for about 400 feet.

Well.. my whole goal with this deal is to have one product that you can bolt on that gives massive horsepower without having to go nuts with others mods.

I think that this setup with two stock turbos will spool with a stock converter, probably be great with a 2800 stall converter and have 0 chance at traction with a 3500.

Ive seen that in action. We put the previous kit on a 109 block with ported iron heads, two stockers and an Art Carr 16390 and it blew a set of 29.5x10.5 slicks away for about 400 feet.

Twin 44 or 49s would be nice on my stock long block and 3200 stall converter.:eek: Thanks for the updates Jay. How are you going to rout
the down pipe/pipes, any chance this will connect to s stock location cat.

I think 2 44s will be overkill. Pete Bernard was running 8s with 2 44s on his stage car. We DESTROYED a 109 block with ported irons with two stockers.. blew the crank clean out of the bottom of the engine.

The downpipe for the drivers side turbo runs across the front of the engine and joins up with the downpipe for the other turbo and goes out as one single downpipe. You should be able to mate it up with a cat pretty easily.

Boost is controlled via two Tial 38mm wastegates that are mounted on the downpipe by each turbo.

We're supposed to have intercooler tubing for both the PTE and Cotton intercooler. Between those two intercoolers, we should be able to fit most of the front mounts out there.

Jay,

How well do you think the boost controller setup on the Tpro would handle the twins? (not sure if you've gotten to play with that yet)

Ive had no luck whatsoever with the TPlus boost controller. I must be stupid when it comes to setting it up but Ive never been able to make it work right.

Shane said he is running twin 6776's DBB's!!!

JayC
I think 2 44s will be overkill. Pete Bernard was running 8s with 2 44s on his stage car. We DESTROYED a 109 block with ported irons with two stockers.. blew the crank clean out of the bottom of the engine.

Shane said:I'm running twin 6776's, they just look bad ass! I have plenty of motors screw it!!! :biggrin:

Nah but I know he was thinking it ;)

Attachments

• Twins 001.jpg
    Twins 001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Twins 002.jpg
    Twins 002.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Twins 003.jpg
    Twins 003.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,053
JayC

Shane said:I'm running twin 6776's, they just look bad ass! I have plenty of motors screw it!!! :biggrin:

Nah but I know he was thinking it ;)

that sick. i think i have an idea who is doing the fab work.

We are putting twin 67s on BOTH the stage II cars:biggrin:

This project is just going to be SICK:eek: I just smiled and grinned for a while today when I saw it:biggrin:

We are putting twin 67s on BOTH the stage II cars:biggrin:

This project is just going to be SICK:eek: I just smiled and grinned for a while today when I saw it:biggrin:

It's nice when you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you see something that excites you.... I can agree... I had a smile from ear to ear when I saw those pictures... BAD A**.... I love it... more pictures please!!!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's nice when you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you see something that excites you.... I can agree... I had a smile from ear to ear when I saw those pictures... BAD A**.... I love it... more pictures please!!!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Warm fuzzy feeling? Shane had a Chubby for 20 minutes that is why he couldn't leave LMAO! :biggrin:

Jay,

Overkill is my middle name.

Shane,

Didn't you tell me you wanted to test this on my street car???:eek: ;)
Pick up a second stock turbo and call it a day...hmmm