what is the ecm sol.

projectmoneypit

tx firefighter
I had a blown fuse for the ecm-sol in the fuse panel. What does it control, the car runs without it. Working all the bugs out the build, if its not one thing its another. Thanks for any help.
Greg

It provides power to:

1. TCC
2. Canister purge solenoid
3. Wastegate control solenoid
4. EGR control solenoid (EVRV)
5. A/C cutout relay

It provides power to:

1. TCC
5. A/C cutout relay

So I guess a short or problem in any of these other circuits could cause this fuse to blow and TCC LU would be enabled, correct dave? I have a car here now doing that very thing with a new TCC soleniod just installed.
Thanks
B.

Ya, a problem with that fuse would not allow TCC lock.

ac clutch relay , its on passenger fender
\
the ecm grounds that relay for ac operation as it does for tcc operation, low speed fan control relay and fuel pump relay

It's popping 15amp fuses and I haven't found the problem yet. The LU solenoid works fine if you disconnect the trans harness and hot wire the solenoid using a manual switch. I replaced the canister solenoid and am going to try unhooking the wastegate one next time out. Anyone had a problem with any of the other solenoids blowing fuses.
Thanks guys
B.

It's popping 15amp fuses and I haven't found the problem yet. The LU solenoid works fine if you disconnect the trans harness and hot wire the solenoid using a manual switch. I replaced the canister solenoid and am going to try unhooking the wastegate one next time out. Anyone had a problem with any of the other solenoids blowing fuses.
Thanks guys
B.

The coolant fan delay relay is also supplied by this fuse, see figure. It is on the driver fender, the rearmost of the three relays just in front of the wiper motor. Disconnect its connector and see if the fuse continues to blow.

Hope this helps,
Mel

ECMsol.jpg

I have had the same problem for some time. I disconnected all five parts listed:
1. TCC
5. A/C cutout relay
Did not disconnect the coolant fan relay as listed in the disgram. Every time I hook up the brake switch and use the brake, it blows the fuse even with averything disconnected. Any ideas on whether there may be a bad ground and what / where to check?