What do You think of this setup?

Well as a swede, the words above is great to hear :) Thank you guys.

And good luck to both Uffe and Andreas, I am sure it will be 10:s for both of them next year. Well Uffe actually had capacity to drive 10:s this last year, but he braked in goal because of the rules...

I am hoping to go 7:s in the 1/8 soon :) Did a 8.25 last week wich I dont liked at all, the car seems to leak somewhere and I dont get the boost up. It didnt happen anything when I changed the WG at the race... Still same trap speed.

Daniel

Ok, this 3.73 rear gear... Will the car run out of gears before the finish line on 1/4 ?

If this dont work good... is it hard to change to example 3.42 ?

Whats the highest tire you can run on a TTA ?

Anyone getting a hint why I ask ? lol...

Daniel

Daniel,

You will not run out of gears. People are running 4.11 with a TH400 without running out. Sure, they have other cam setup, but it isn´t a problem for this car.

Now, get me some pictures of Your car :p

Originally posted by Swede2

Anyone getting a hint why I ask ? lol...

Daniel

Ok..what you buy.

Leave the gears in the TTA alone. Theyre fine. Actually 3.08 would be better.

Originally posted by Razor
Ok..what you buy.

Leave the gears in the TTA alone. Theyre fine. Actually 3.08 would be better.

Daniel is buying my TTA, I´m selling his. And Uffe, a friend of his and I are building a 7sec stage II powered Trans Am with even higher (numerical) gears.

Guess we´ll find out if the gears are wrong. You can´t compare a stock engine/trans car with a modified engine/TH400.

I guess I gonna run mostly 1/8 anyway, since theres not many 1/4 tracks in Sweden...

Am I crazy ? Yes I am, I dont think many people understand me right now... Sell away a 21 k mint condition TTA to get a race TTA :)

Well, you only live once, and while you are living you should do what you think is fun. To spare money dosent help in heaven. And I am sure I will regret that I didnt take the chance when I had it... well well...

Anyway, I trust in Andreas and SPM motor, and hoping to go low 11:s or even high 10:s... Hopefully I will not break to much in this engine!

Daniel

Swede2, Daniel,

You will be just fine with the rear end ratio, no problems since the M/T tires are higher than stock.

This car will leave like a rocket on the line and sure down in the ten's.

Uffe, the potential is there :) If I remember right 3.73 is about 3.52 with 28 inch tires. So that is almost like a GN gear ratio then.

Whats the highest tire you can run on a TTA ? 29 ?

This shall be very intresting!

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2

Am I crazy ? Yes I am, I dont think many people understand me right now... Sell away a 21 k mint condition TTA to get a race TTA :)

Daniel

Sounds very familiar :D

I'll be in the 10's before .... hehehe

Maybe 9's??? :eek:

Originally posted by Lunkan

Melvin has bought Randy Burghs old TTA. It should have been professionaly built with lots of aftermarket stuff. But it needs to be totaly taken apart just to have it reassembled again. Not to talk about the complete electronic installation.

Best regards from Sweden
/Andreas

Dammm interesting thread . I have to add the guy that did Randy's TTA was a drugaddict. Plain an simple !! Randy was lucky to get his car back never mind the thousands he spent !!

So ya ever get this car running ???

RD

Originally posted by 87buick3825
Dammm interesting thread . I have to add the guy that did Randy's TTA was a drugaddict. Plain an simple !! Randy was lucky to get his car back never mind the thousands he spent !!

RD

Hi!

Yes, Randys old TTA is in Sweden, actually north of the polar circle.

Melvin is the new owner and he had plenty if troubles to get the car over here.

First there was a company in USA that should pick up his TTA at Randys place and take it it to a friends garage where there was a container waiting for the TTA.
They never showed up....:mad:
Container went to Sweden without the TTA, Melvin found a new transport and finally made it to Sweden.

When it arrived here in south Sweden, Melvin travelled down to south of Sweden to pick it up, geezzzzz, then they discovered that the car was full of "black widows", no widows have never before been discovered here in frozen Sweden and then Melvin had this spider fobie.....

The car stopped running after a few miles and was towed back agian......

Lookes like Randys "super crew" striked again......

After all the **** with melvins car and plenty of hours to get all the wires back again after the poor work the TTA went a 7.6 at the 1/8 on a cold and dirty street road in the autoumn here, almost freezing at the test.

This TTA that Melvin owns figured on front page on many news papers, since the car had the black widows here.

Since Melvin is a clever guy and living above the article circle, he took the TTA to a huge freezing room for 2 days and then the black widows where gone.

I just have to chime in that all involved should be happy to see this TTA on the streets again since it was in hold of justice for a few years.

PS: Melvin is not happy about the work on the car, not Randys fault.

Originally posted by 87buick3825

RD

I´m putting the last things together tomorrow. Next thursday it´s going for Yearly emissions and at April 28th it´ll be registred with rollbar (we have to register all body modyfications). The engine and transmission was installed saturday, but I´ve had no time to work with it since. I practice Taekwondo 4 days a week, have a house to fix and I girlfriend to conciliate. I´ll drive it during the job, so it should be broken in under a week (drive alot).

What´s been done to it in the end is:
- 3.5" LS1 MAF & translator+, 3.5" inlet, 3" Up-pipe
- Limit Eng. GT67 Q-trim
- Duttweiler Big-neck (also got an water-air custom IC)
- 70mm TB and plenum with PP
- match ported intake
- re-ported heads with largest valves, 115lb springs
- Comp Cams 212/212 hyd. roller
- ESP Girdle, billet mains, .030 JE´s, copper HG´s
- hotwired Walbro 340
- #72 injectors
- ATR 2.5" x-over and 3" DP with cut-out
- TH400-SP, fully manual (reversed pattern) with t-brake
- 11" Switch Pitch 1400/4000+
- Spohn "Heavy-Duty" driveshaft
- 3.73:1 in the rear
- QA1 rear adj. shocks
- Spohn adj. torquearm
- GW SFC´s
- welded rollbar
- Julio´s PAC
- PLX M-500 wideband controler
- Autometer EGT
- shiftlight

I guess it should be able to push some nice numbers. But maybe not, since there´s no OEM parts left in it :rolleyes: :p

wow to bad you don't have the stock stuff :confused: You should run in the 13's ... maybe :eek: :p Dammmm body mods ??? I thought they were bad over here !!

RD

Over here ? We are in Sweden...

Swedish people does not care about that its a Pace car...
Unfortunately the truth... Its just some of the crazy swedes like The Swede, myself and Lunkan that appriate them.

Daniel

taking bets on et??

I say some high 10 second pass'(10.95's) with no more than 123mph.

Anyone else??

Re: taking bets on et??

Originally posted by broke1
I say some high 10 second pass'(10.95's) with no more than 123mph.

Anyone else??

You can take Your bets and put´em where the sun doesn´t shine... :mad:

Too much to do, so the car have had to wait. Just started it up for the first time tonight, started on the third atempt. Couldn´t keep it running too long since it´s 11PM now. Tomorrow will be maiden voyage.

After driving the car 500 miles the oil is looking good and there are no leaks at all, neither with the girdle nor the copper headgaskets.

Oh, and there are no false knocks caused by the True Roller setup either.