Well Zam I guess I am on my way

Intercooler

To getting a nice setup in. They told me 2 weeks for the SE-12 to be built and shipped. I did a lot of reading here: www.caraudio.com and that one is talked about with a bunch of good reviews. I think you was right on the money on that one! Thanks!
All the people on there and none responded to my post on the rest of the setup. Still wondering about the amp I have. I also couldn't find great answers on the best 5.25's out there. Any suggestions? What is available for up front? Does anyone make a plate setup to put a .75" tweeter up there or would it be too harsh? I would like to get the rest of it figured out and ordered.

BTW..... Have you ever saw anyone port a box through the package tray into the car? Would it help any?

Size of the tweeter doesn't have anything to do with harshness...get a nice soft dome tweeter.

I can't really help to much on the 5.25 selection, I always run 6.5s.
For 6.5s I like the Dynaudio set, the Diamond Audio Hex series, Morel and the nicer CDT sets. I would think all their 5.25s are nice as well.

If you can find them, the Phoenix Gold Ti Elite sets (made by Morel) are very good but very pricey as well.

I personally run a Horn loaded compression driver (mid/tweeter) and a 6.5 mid woofer. I just like the dynamics better but they aren't for every one.

Audio Wizard ported his sub box through the rear deck, maybe he can chime in...

Typically, you should have the speaker and port on the same plane. I personally prefer a sealed box.
I would aim them both backwards either way.

Go here: http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi

and read a bunch - it's a really good car audio board....

Dynaudios sound like the bomb but for a component set it is $730.00 :eek: Have you heard of these Rainbows I have been reading about? How do these compare to MB Quart?

Never heard rainbows but, the review really good.
Be careful though - there's good and bad ones. Watch the model.

The Diamond hex are a pretty safe bet.
If you like the quarts - get quarts!

What sucks is around here they don't carry any of the higher end stuff. We have Tweeter, Best Buy, Audio Jam, Audio Works and maybe one other dealer. I picked the MB's out of the stuff Audio Jam carries as they sounded best. Without hearing these I am trying to go off of others that have them around. I will look for the Diamonds and see what I can find. Thanks!

Zam.... Looks like you know your stuff! I was just reading through some reviews and found one by a knowledgeable person that gave the dope on the Dynaudios, Diamonds and MB's. They were in that order but I can't spring for the Dyns so I may take your advice again and try the Diamonds. I already know what Quarts are like :D

There are better out there than the Diamonds...just ALOT more $$$ (Like the Dyns). It's a compromise btween quality and cost...the Diamonds are really good for the $$$ spent.

Used ? - you take your chances. Most of the stuff I have purchased has been used. I have no problems BUT, you can always run into bad sellers who aren't honest.

The used set on that list: Good deal and they have the silk soft domes. I'd say, if you feel comfortable with them being used, get them! I payed $100.00 just for my 2 6.5 mids (no tweeters or x-overs)

I went to Audio Jam which I thought MAY have some of the higher end stuff but they said I would need to go to western PA to see any of that. Not going to happen so I will just poke and hope. If the CDT's don't work out I am getting the Diamonds. Where should I mount the tweeters?

mount them where you like them
In our cars, I'd just put them in the dash location.

The BEST place to put them is as near the mid as possible. But that's mainly for accuracy.

Zam,

This is the same place I got my MB's for the truck and they said when MB went out of business or sold out to RF that MB's went in the toilet. They don't carry the line now and said anything after 2002 is garbage. They push Eclipse now which I know nothing about. Does someone sell plates to mount the tweeters in the dash location?

I don't think Rockford would have trashed MB Quart...but, ya never know.

I have heard some of the Eclipse speakers and they suprised me (how good they sounded). Give them a listen

You can just take some plumbers strap and bend it to get the tweeters mounted in the dash...piece of cake.

Originally posted by zam70
YO MUD!

Looky what I found!

http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=100760
Zam,

Thanks for that! Hopefully they are in decent enough shape to use. The guy on E-Bay backed out on the deal on his for $150 plus shipping since he got another two bids that pushed them up to $125. Hopefully they don't go any higher so I feel better about him passing our deal up. I e-mailed him to see about pics so I can see what I am getting for $100.

ECA is a good site...I've bought stuff off of it before with zero problems.

They don't put up with bad sellers so, everything should be fine.

Hell of a deal there.

That's the way all boards should be! He said other than a little dynamat on the edge of one of the mids and the missing screw they are good to go. He seemed real honest about it. I am waiting to hear back from him about how to send payment but I told him I would take them. $115.00 shipped..... better than $170.00 shipped I guess :D

Well it was a good deal until he renigged on our deal. Wouldn't get back with me of where to send payment then says they are sold. I left a few choice comments for him for jerking me around :mad: No wonder I hate buying and selling from private parties on the internet. Still waiting for Spooln6 to pay for an E-Bay glove box that I got charged for the sale but he hasn't paid for it. Some losers out there!

No ... stick with the ones we've been talking about.
Boss is cheap copy stuff. Good looks, bad quality